If you’d have been told a decade ago that your body movements or voice could control a video game, you’d have thought it was insane. Guess what? That is now the order of today’s technologically advanced world of games. Microsoft’s latest invention has taken this feature to a whole new level. Read on to find out how you can revamp your gaming lifestyle to match your equally evolving needs.
The new Xbox 360 with Kinect brings the virtual world of the game into your living room. With its advanced features, technology gives you complete control over every slight movement on the screen. If this sound too fantastic to be true, you will be surprised to know that these and other functionalities are amazingly easy to understand and use. With this your sole responsibility is to have fun.
The Kinect for Xbox 360 is currently in the market and works with every Xbox 360. Once you purchase the package;
- Set up the sensor centered with the TV 2-6 feet off the floor away from direct sunlight and any vibrating appliances.
- Ensure that the playing area is clear placing a recommended 6 feet between you and the sensor and 8 feet for two players.
- To make sure that the sensor recognizes you, wave your arm to move the pointer on the screen.
- Holding your hand over an item until the ring concludes to select the item. Once it has detected you, it should sign you in using the ID on the Kinect Hub.
- – Also, to evoke the guide, slightly hold out your arm at about 45o.
- – To bring out all the speech commands, ensure that you can see the microphone icon which tells you that voice recognition is on. Simply say “Xbox” and the menu will guide you further.
You will only realize the capability of the new Xbox 360 if you tap into Kinect. Imagine a game where you can actually punch the daylights out of you opponents using your fist, and not a button.
According to some Xbox 720 rumors the next Xbox will get released with a newer, more advanced version of Kinect.Who know what the Kinect technology still holds for us in the future.