Google is not only a browser but a facilitator on which day to day jobs of every human being depend. However, there may be reasons for which you may want to stop using it temporarily. Or consider the other option: what happens when Google denies entry for some unknown reason and you need to check your important mails for which you were waiting for so long, you can’t see the pictures in Picasa and can’t access your data in Google cloud, and so on so forth. A ‘No Entry’ to the Google Account can be heart breaking, but what should one do if such a thing happens in the first place, voluntarily or by the Google itself.
Let us start understanding the cases, as they may apply.
Suspension of accounts can be done either consciously by the user, or conversely, imposed by Google in case it sees any kind of violation of its terms of service or policies. However, there have been some cases that report about accounts being suspended by the Search Engine giant without any prior warning. Just one unfortunate day, you find yourself banned to use your own account.
If the account is temporarily suspended by the user:
To access the suspended account, a user can follow the following steps-
- Cross the first door, Google Admin console by signing in.
- Search or browse to locate the account which is suspended.
- Search option is available at the top of the console page to find the username.
- Browse option is used by the user page. One can pick the organization from organizational structure and then look for the suspended users in the dropdown menu.
- After finding the account which is looked for, see User information.
- In new Admin console, clicking Restore user from the drop down list is all that is needed to be done. In classic Admin console page, Restore User is highlighted in the yellow bar at the top.
24 hours is the minimum time it can take to finally recover the account.
If the account is suspended by Google for unspecified reasons:
You don’t know why you were just locked out of your account. This is what you should be doing.
- Be ready to wait, and wait more. Some users have reported to have waited as long as a week, rather than just for 10 minutes to 24 hours.
- Look for troubleshooting steps and creating a support ticket. Moreover, there will be a form to fill up with the unique questions you created while signing up for the accounts.
- Google Support representatives would continue to provide the help to a great extent as far as the cases are of hijacked account or of those that are incorrectly marked as fraudulent.
Apart from this, there is not much a user can do about a Google account which is suspended on unclear grounds.
Be sure to log in and follow up regarding such cases, if the account is so important for you. Else, why not dump the old ‘suspended’ account and go for a new beginning!!