Once in a while, companies must replace their existing technologies with updated ones. This is true when it comes to the gadgets and equipment you use for your business communication system. Sometimes, you just have to purchase the better performing technologies in order to get ahead in the competition.
With regard to mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets, you must also ensure that you have the latest releases, which comes with higher-end specifications. But this does not mean that you have to aim for the most expensive ones’ you can find budget-friendly devices that provide you with respectable performance without unnecessarily breaking your bank.
Why is it important that you have the most up-to-date mobile communication devices? Mobile devices are what link all employees to each other. These gadgets also allow your mobile employees and even yourself to stay connected with your office-based phone system such as those powered by RingCentral or any other phone service providers.
The Motorola Electrify M, the latest budget smartphone from Motorola, is a compact and affordable smartphone that can be used by cash-strapped small to mid-sized enterprises. Know more about this handset by reading the evaluation below:
An affordable, mid-range smartphone with poor camera
Like any other devices, the Motorola Electrify M has its share of disadvantages. First off, the battery of this device is non-removable, which means that you cannot replace the battery whenever it runs out of juice. In addition, the processor of this handset may come across as insufficiently fast, especially when compared to high-end smartphones existing in the market today. The photo and video quality is also not something that you would get excited writing home about.
But the Motorola Electrify M also has its advantages, too. Though it has a low-resolution screen, its display is still sufficiently bright and colorful. This device also supports 4G LTE connection. Moreover, the Electrify M sports a long battery life and an aesthetically appealing design.
What specifications will you get for your $99.99?
There is no denying the fact that the Motorola Electrify M is affordable. But is it a good buy? Consider the following specifications and features of this smartphone for you to find out.
- When it comes to aesthetic appeal, the Motorola Electrify M sports almost an identical design with another Motorola device, the Droid Razr M. It measures 4.8″ in height, 2.4″ in width, and 0.34″ in thickness, which makes it small and compact enough to fit perfectly in your pockets. Meanwhile, this device distinguishes itself from the Droid Razr M by its gray hue and faux-silver metallic skin.
- The screen is a 4.3″ AMOLED panel that has a measly qHD resolution. Though this might be the case, the screen of this device still provides crisp images and texts, as well as wide viewing angles and richly-saturated colors.
- The device is just one step behind the latest version of the Android Jelly Bean operating system. It is powered by the 4.1.2 version, which comes with performance and handling improvements call the Project Butter. You are also able to take advantage of the voice command and search capabilities app called the Google Now. Other apps that you can enjoy include the Gmail, Google Drive, Play Store, SamrtActions and Wi-Fi app, among others.
- Motorola Electrify M’s cameras are not something to boast about, since they produce low-quality photos and videos. It sports an 8MP rear camera and a 0.3MP front camera for video calls.
- This device is not a laggard though it is fitted with a modest 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon chip that is partnered with 1GB of RAM. The Motorola Electrify M also comes with an onboard memory of 8GB, which can still be expanded through a microSD card slot.