A new year comes with brand new goals, targets and challenges for everyone including bloggers and Web administrators. It is therefore no surprise that many people will be looking for some of the best and most appropriate search engine techniques that will get their respective Websites on the first page of one, most or all of the top search engines. Thus, finding the best online strategies that will assist in driving targeted results could become the determining factor for thousands of businesses and blog owners trying to stand out and take their Websites to the next level in 2011. As a result, this article will take a look at some of the most important methods that will assist not only businesses but blogs, affiliate and individual Websites achieve their ultimate dream of getting to page one on search engine result pages (SERPs) as follows.
1. Article Marketing: Article marketing is one of the most successful search engine optimisation (SEO) action plan methods currently employed by a significant number of Internet marketers. Essentially, you will write articles with a single keyword focus and a link pointing back to your website. You then submit those articles to article directories that post them for free. Once an article is published, it will provide a backlink to your Website that search engines can pick up. Overall, this process takes time, so patience is recommended.
2. On-Page Optimisation: This is perhaps the oldest and most tested SEO method in the book. On-page optimisation is the first step when it comes to optimising Web pages in order to gain necessary attention from search engines. The process consists of using optimized keywords, title tags, alt tags on images and the use of good-natured Weblinks. Today, on-page optimization contributes a substantial amount to your page rank and if applied properly, it could significantly improve your chances of getting to the top of search engine result pages.
3. Social Media Marketing: Social-media marketing is a familiar tool today, although many Internet marketers seem to abuse it. The goal is to use social-networking Websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to set yourself and your business up as an authority as well as a recognizable personality and brand that can be trusted for niche information. However, you will need to provide constant, daily value that your readers can take away from it.
4. Viral Marketing: Viral marketing, like social media marketing, is focused on attracting people to you. As a search engine method, viral marketing could be said to be the least measurable, although it can also be the most effective. Examples of viral marketing consist of: sending out free e-books, creating squeeze pages, video distribution through YouTube, and supplying free software.
5. Link Baiting: Link baiting is a search engine optimisation action plan method whereby you produce high quality content that will attract attention on its own. For example, if you had a weight loss site, you could produce an article on the Top 10 ways to lose weight naturally. The article could be massive and take hours to write, but it would also be a powerful authority resource in your chosen niche thereby drawing plenty of attention from many other websites.
6. Word of Mouth: The importance of word of mouth techniques in search engine optimisation often gets overlooked. While it may not have a very direct impact, its consequences could be massive. This approach could take the form of simply telling a friend about your site, providing avenues for others to suggest to their friends and simply distributing a business card with a simple URL pointing to your Website. By so doing, your sites gets noticed, receives more attention, attracts more visitors which equates to better reputation and ultimately better ranking ranking by search engines.
7. Trusted Site Backlinking: Although article marketing can potentially generate numerous backlinks, if you want truly valuable backlinks, you need to find trustworthy sites i.e. those that search engines like Google hold in high stature. For example, top level directories such as DMOZ or Yahoo! and major forums or information resources.
Can you add anything to the points mentioned above?