Blog posts are informative, engaging, and provide high value. Businesses can use blogs to connect with customers and meet their needs. Additionally, blogs act as great promotional platforms as well.
However, even if you create quality blogs, it has no effect unless it remains visible. For customers to know and engage with your blog, you have to remain on top of the SERP (Search Engine Results Page). SEO consulting services can provide you effective solutions to secure a high ranking on Google search results. A high ranking can get your website thousands of clicks daily.
Read on to know how to rank your blog in Google’s top ten search results.
Improve the User Experience
One of the key ways to rank on the first page of Google is to improve the user experience. Try to view your blog from the user’s perspective. When a user clicks on your website, they should navigate around seamlessly without any confusion. All the information present on your blog should be valuable and informative.
If you ensure seamless navigation and informative content, the visitor stays longer. It ends up increasing factors like pages per session, time on site, and bounce rate. Together, they help in improving your Google search ranking.
Increase The Dwell Time
The period calculated from the point you click on a link till you decide to go back to the search page is known as the dwell time. To rank your blog on the first page of Google, make sure to improve the time duration. Here is how you can increase the dwell time:
- See that your blog topic is interesting enough to make visitors click on your blog posts. Additionally, make your content engaging to read. Add images, videos, audio, infographics, or quizzes to make it more interesting.
- Divide your content into subheadings. It helps in placing the right emphasis where required. It makes your content visually structured and easy to read for anyone.
Do A Keyword Research
Keyword usage is one of the most crucial aspects of an effective SEO strategy. Find which keywords your target audience uses the most on the Google search engine. What sort of information are they searching online? Is it in sync with your blog content?
A keyword can be a word or a long sentence. Various SEO consulting services use tools to understand what your audience is searching online. Identify at least three to four keywords that you wish to target and include them in a compelling way.
However, make sure not to stuff keywords. Use a keyword in the first hundred words of the blog post. It helps Google in judging the relevance of the topic.
Other On-Page Factors
While keyword research is an essential aspect of SEO ranking, you should learn about the other on-page factors, including:
- Title: Use the keyword in your title and the header tag. It helps Google in learning about the content.
- Meta Description: A meta description is visible to users when they type in your keyword. Summarize your content in 150 words for the meta description to increase the click rate of your blog.
- Image Files: Include your keyword in your image files. It helps in improving your Google rank and the relevance of your blog.
Not including high-quality backlinks will make it difficult to rank higher on the Google search engine. Here is how you can get backlinks for your blog:
- Ask other bloggers whose content you have linked in your blog post to share yours with their audience.
- Approach bloggers who have similar content as your blog. Many times, a blogger might mention you without linking. In such cases, you should reach out to them through email, requesting to include your link.
- A structured URL should include your focus keyword. An unstructured URL makes it difficult for the search engine to read your blog.
Content with high-quality backlinks outranks others without backlinks. It helps in improving website traffic, search ranking, page, and domain authority.
All the above points are crucial to rank your blog to the top. But in the end, it is the content you write that will make an impact. So, make sure to use an optimal combination of engaging blogs with the best SEO practices.