Three things are certain in life. Death, taxes, and the continual evolution of technology. Touch screen technology has been around for the past couple of years, and has become an integral part of phones, display boards, and even games consoles. It’s easy to take this type of technology for granted, as it is something which we see so regularly in everyday life. Though this type of technology does have its downsides, I firmly believe that the upsides more than make up for these.
With this in mind, here’s a list of the 6 most important benefits of touch screen technology
- Ease of use: Touch screen technology is so easy to use, which is especially important for technophobes, or those not comfortable on computers. Additionally, people who have conditions which affect the use of their hands such as arthritis or gout, have no need to concern themselves over using a mouse, a keyboard, or buttons in general.
- Space saving: Touch screen technology takes away the need for implements such as mouses or keyboards, thus saving much needed space. In addition, this makes things less expensive, as with no keyboard or mouse necessary, there is no need to replace them if they were to break or to purchase them if they weren’t already there.
- Clean: Touch screen technology can be cleaned in an instance simply by wiping the area which has been touched, and unlike computers or phones with buttons or keyboards, crumbs won’t get stuck in the keys like they used to back in the old days of raised key bashing technology.
- Training device: Touch screen technology can be used as a training device for institutes such as schools, or training centres. For those not comfortable on computers, touch screen technology can make it easier for these people to use technology as it is more interactive, which in turn helps with their learning as interactivity is seen as one of the greatest ways of teaching.
- Improved co-ordination: Devices with touch screen technology need less hand eye co-ordination than a conventional computer or mobile phone. This is then particularly useful in helping improving the users of touch screen technology develop their hand eye co-ordination skills.
- Speed: Touch screen technology increases the speed of tasks, whether it be on a computer or on a phone. Scrolling with a finger is far quicker than scrolling with a mouse or a trackball. Studies have shown that there is as much as a 20% reduction in response time when using touch screen technology over more traditional methods.
With this list in mind, go ahead and dump that the old technology, and get involved with touch screen technology, it is 2013 after all!