New technologies are emerging every day that enhance the performance and usage of cars. One of the most exciting is the app. “Apps,” short for application software, are easy-to-use programs that progress, improve and entertain people’s lives. They are used to simplify day-to-day tasks. Apps are broken up into categories, like communication, education, weather, news, sports and lifestyle. Used on computers and phones, apps can be downloaded from many different websites. A lot of apps are free, and the ones that aren’t, come very cheap.
How Can A App Improve My Car?
Vehicles are complex pieces of machinery. Safe, efficient driving involves more than just pedal-pushing, car insurance, and wheel-turning. Apps can save gas mileage, raise driver awareness and alert motorists of oncoming danger. Below are some of the most amazing car apps for your smartphone.
Cheap Car Smartphone Apps
- What it does: iGasUp is a useful app that updates drivers on gas station prices and locations. The app uses GPS technology to locate the driver’s position and deliver information based on that location. The 10 nearest gas stations appear on the phone, complete with directions and current fuel prices. iGasUp gets its information from OPIS, the Oil Price Information Service. OPIS is the most trusted source in oil prices, contracts and news. Over 100,000 gas stations are available on iGasUp. The app allows drivers to sort their options by location or price.
- Why you need it: Gas is an effective benchmark of a society’s success. High gas prices are one of the first signs of a struggling economy. iGasUp wants to help. By allowing drivers to find the cheapest gas in town, the app is contributing to the fight against high gas prices, one car at a time.
- How much does it cost: $2.99.
2. Parking Meter
- What it does: This app monitors your vehicle’s parking meter. It also possesses GPS capabilities, allowing you to locate your vehicle in a busy city.
- Why you need it: The city is one of the best places to drive through. You can pull over at any restaurant, book store or movie theater and experience a great night on the town. There’s just one caveat: the parking meter. Parking meters make hundreds of millions of dollars a year, with much of that money coming from people who weren’t paying attention to their time-slot. When someone forgets about the parking meter, they have to rush back to their vehicle and put in more money, or risk receiving a ticket. Parking Meter puts the breaks on these excessive expenditures by keeping track of time for the driver. It displays the remaining time in large, bright, easy-to-read numbers. It can also alert the driver with a noise or vibration warning.
- How much does it cost: $1.99.
3. MotionX GPS Drive
- What it does: MotionX GPS Drive is an innovative GPS app that helps drivers determine where they’re at, where they’re going and how long it will take to get there.
- Why you need it: MotionX GPS Drive is the best thing to happen to transportation since the engine. It makes traveling a quick, stress-free experience. It doesn’t matter if you’re driving or walking, MotionX GPS Drive gives you step-by-step, door-to-door instructions. The guidance is live, delivering exact coordinates and addresses. With responsive buttons and quick navigation, the user interface is simple to operate. A convenient search wheel allows drivers to find their destination with just a few clicks. Up-to-date maps, common traffic routes and voice guidance make MotionX GPS Drive an important app for anyone who is trying to get somewhere in life.
- How much does it cost: $0.99.
Bonus: Free Car Smartphone Apps
Getting pulled over is one of the biggest driving worries. What corner will the cop pull out of to nab me? Trapster helps reduce this fear by pointing out all the popular speed traps, police cameras and traffic lights in the area.
Nothing is more frustrating than hearing a good song in the car and not being able to identify it. The radio won’t announce it and you can’t pull over to browse the internet. Shazam searches its 5 million-song database to tell you what is playing.
Repairs can be hard to gauge. When should they occur? How much will they cost? What will happen if you don’t attend to them? RepairPal does the worrying for you by giving useful, accurate maintenance advice
App Your Car Today
Apps are trickling into every facet of life. It seems as though there is nothing they can’t alter or improve. Automobiles, the most valued form of transportation, are just another area of life where apps can be useful.
iGasUp, Parking Meter and MotionX GPS Drive were all created with the driver in mind. There are over 10,000 moving parts in the average automobile. Your car insurance quotes can be complicated. Luckily, yhe app industry wants to keep things as simple as possible.
Start your downloading!