The one industry vertical that has immensely benefited from Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is the Call Centre industry. VoIP implementation has helped several call centres to enhance productivity, cut down on communication costs and improve profit margins. More and more call centres across the world are adopting the IP-based telephony service because it offers numerous advantages that simply can’t be ignored for long. In this blog post we are going to take a look at some of the benefits that VoIP offers to call centres:
- Reduced stress among employees – Over-stressed employees can break a team and lead to abysmally low productivity. Employees subjected to continuous work pressure might simply crumble and their day to day productivity can be immensely hampered. There are several tools that come preloaded with VoIP, which can be used to accomplish certain tasks without any extra effort. Features like Automated Call Distribution facilitate the routing of calls to employees who are free and not pile extra calls in the queue of an already stressed agent.
- Call centres can equip their VoIP network with IVR (Interactive Voice Response) systems as well. Thus, the call centre agents will not be flooded with unnecessary calls or waste their valuable time transferring or redirecting calls. This will certainly reduce the average handling time and bring down the employee stress levels.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction – Customer satisfaction can be enhanced thoroughly with use of various integrated tools and applications offered by VoIP. Every call to the call centre either results in a satisfied customer or a completely dissatisfied customer – there aren’t many customers that fall in between the two. Call centre executives can serve the customers better when they are not under any kind of stress and even avoid making mistakes. Every call is routed to the designated department and even payments can be made quickly by availing the appropriate automated system. All this eventually brings down the handling time and lead to happier clients.
- No additional costs for updating the infrastructure–If you are already using a traditional telephone system then you will have to upgrade the infrastructure to adjust additional communication needs.Now, call centres can save the additional expenses by implementing VoIP.The existing IP phones can be easily integrated with VoIP systems and companies do not even need to upgrade their hardware because VoIP uses the internet for all communications. All this greatly reduces the expenses related with time-to-time updating of infrastructure.
- Free or low international calls –This is probably the most highlighted feature of VoIP because companies are concerned with their bottomline only. By implementing VoIP call centres will be able to make free calls to customers who are on the same network or pay a very small amount for making international or overseas calls.
- Expansion of operations – Every business around the world aim to expand one day and so do the call centres. However, call centres need to make huge investments on new property if they wish to expand and install new legacy telephone systems to carry out the operations. This additional investment can be completely bypassed by implementing VoIP. Workers can telecommute from anywhere they want and this includes their homes as well. Thus, carrying out the day to day operations like making or receiving calls can be done from anywhere and everywhere.
Almost every type of business can leverage the benefits offered by VoIP but call centres can make the most of VoIP systems.