E-commerce websites have made a significant addition in the novel aspect of Internet browsing. There has been a noteworthy upsurge in the usage of the Internet owing to the acceptance of these e-commerce websites.
With such websites becoming approachable and various-method and various-platform responsive, progressively more individuals have adopted this novel technique of shopping. Also, if you are planning to run an e-commerce website, not only do you need to understand the market dynamics but also how your website should look and function.
Apart from features like simple navigation, particulars of the manufactured goods, images of the product, simple checkout procedure, widgets to connect to social networking websites, share buttons and many additional simple elements, mentioned below are 10 surplus must-haves:
- Minimalistic design with appealing logo: Your website should be laden with information in the form of photographs, videos and content, it should look capacious to the user. Additionally, it is also very important that the website has an attractive symbol that can be appealing to the visitors of the website.
- Social proof: If your business is budding off late and it has gained large number of visitors and probable clients, then why not let the probable clients know about it? You should speak about your accomplishments and mentions that assisted you in achieving them. Offer a page in your website for such responses, where clients are shown appreciativeness for their respected responses and appraisals.
- FAQ page: Though it is a very basic page, but many websites still chooses to have a Contact Us Page instead of this FAQ page. As the owner of the website you should know that it might not be in the interest of the clients to go through the whole process of email and sharing about the problem, rather they prefer that the solution is readily available, so create a FAQ page for generally asked questions.
- Search Features: Visitors to your website are there to shop; therefore it is your job to make things as easy as possible for them. Include a search feature on the top, so that it becomes easier for your customers to search whatever they want to, in no time.
- Cross selling: There are many websites that provide reference of the additional products that can be purchased with the particular product a customer is purchasing, this is cross selling. This will help customers in knowing what all you have to offer along with the varied range of products.
- No requirements of sign-up: Mandatory registration policy is one annoying factor you can offer to your visitors. Allow them to explore the range of products offered by you and then take a decision on the registration and buying part.
- Privacy assurance: The most significant part is to provide assurance to your customers that the mode of payment and their other personal information that they provide to your websites is in the secure hands. Make certain that you take care of all the security issues.
- Live Chat: One of the most helpful options is to have a live chat. It is very appreciable and a great way to communicate with your clients directly. Through the live chat option, you will be able to solve the queries of your clients and will be able to assist them with any kind of problems they might be facing.
- Thank you page: Dedicate a thank you page for your customers for the post sale visit. It is more than just a gesture, it is a great way to thank them and invite them to keep coming back for more.
- Demo video: Apart from the regular method of selling, you can also incorporate a demonstration video to explain customers about the offered goods and services.
The above mentioned features will help you in developing more engaging and strong base of customers, thereby increasing your sales.