How do you get the most out of your travel and adventure experiences when you head outside? The answer may be your hat. It can protect you from intense sun, cold, rain, and wind. At Tilley, you will discover many various hats with different functions. In this article, I will show you 4 ways to choose the best Tilley hat for you.
Fit size for your head
Like footwear, your Tilley Hat must be sized properly. To find your hat size, you can use a tape measure, and draw it right around your head. For the best-looking and most comfortable fit, make sure that the bottom of the tape touches right above your eyebrows.
The Tilley Hat fits more comfortably than other hats. It’s designed to be worn low on your head and slightly loose. When it’s windy, use the cord!
Match your hat to your face
If you choose the optimal hat style for your face shape, it will help you look and feel your best. There are some ways to determine your face shape:
Stand in front of your mirror with your hair pulled back. Your neck should be visible.
Measure the distance between the top of your hairline and chin, your cheekbones, the widest points of your jaw, and your temples. Your face shape will determine your hat style.
- Oval: You can wear about anything but avoid a too wide crown.
- Square: You should choose hats that sit high on your forehead to elongate the bottom half of your face.
- Round: You can select hats with sharp lines, tall crowns, high brims, and asymmetrical shapes.
- Oblong: You should choose wide hats with short crowns. Try pulling the brim of your hat down to your eyebrows to shorten your face.
Match your hat style to your physique
The first rule of hat buying is that you should select one proportional to your body. Your hat should balance out your dimensions, instead of exaggerating them. A few rules to consider:
- You should choose tall crowns and upturned brims that are lengthening. Don’t use wide and downturned brims. It will make you appear shorter.
- No matter what your size or features, a hat should be no wider than the width of your shoulders.
Think About the Function
You also need to decide on what functions you want. Much like the style, design, and materials, there are hat functions to suit every need.
Several features will make your travel hat best for the journey. You will need a hat with a high UPF fabric rating, an all-around brim, and built-in water repellency.
A good quality fishing hat will keep you warm, dry, and protected from sun, rain, and bugs. You can choose the T3 Cotton Duck hat from Tilley. It may seem like a sailing-style hat.
If you go through marketplaces, museums, and small side paths, you’ll want a hat that suits a casual vibe. Therefore, let’s choose a classically styled TOY4 Jackson Trilby Straw Hat. It will provide options for styling while keeping you sun-safe.
By investing in a quality hat, it will have the features necessary to protect from the weather. If you want to buy a cheap Tilley hat, let’s use the Tilley coupon. It is a fast way to help you have a wonderful hat at affordable prices.