While it is essential that hotels conserve energy, it is also very important that they think about the comfort of their guests. This is because the moment the comfort of guests is compromised in the quest to seek for hotel energy management solutions, the hotel clients will look for alternative accommodation. Hotels must thus look for the correct energy management solutions that will help them to reduce costs and enhance profitability while providing their guests with improved comfort levels.
The Importance of Efficient Energy Management Systems
An efficient energy management system will enable hotels to reduce expenses. This can be achieved through the installation of energy saving controls that are automated and operated through software. Most hotels find that lighting can use up to 25 percent of their electricity costs. With the installation of software that automatically controls lighting, this can be reduced by about 50 percent. Here are the achievements of such an automated system.
- With a power management system, it is possible to observe guestroom with the help of back office software.
- Once installed, such software will not only enable guest preference to be monitored but will also help in enhancing the continued stay of the guest in the hotel.
Such software is not too difficult to install because the software uses a technology known as Wireless Z-wave. Apart from this type of technology being able to communicate with an assortment of apparatus, the technology is also favored because it has low power demands.
Enhancing the Experience of Guests with Automated Equipment Systems
It is essential that hotels install quality equipment so that the experience of guests is improved during their stay. Equipments such as the HVAC and lighting systems when automated will help save energy while also providing guests with convenience and comfort. Such equipment when automated and monitored will achieve certain purposes.
- The accommodations will be ready when guests arrive so that the lighting and temperature is right and guests find it easy and convenient to settle down very fast.
- The hotel can have advance arrangements so that the systems are used to provide a unique welcome for hotel guests.
- Certain operations of the hotels can be automated so that guests are able to manage their indoor stay with ease and comfort. This is particularly if they have to cook their own food or do their own laundry.
- Making the systems user friendly will help hotel guests because they will be able to manage different aspects of the functions such as lighting, thermostats or any other operations.
- With the availability of automated equipment systems, it is easy and convenient for guests to switch off everything should they want to go out and switch them on again very fast and conveniently when they get back into their living quarters.
The advantage of automation system to the hotel and to the guests is obvious. Both parties enjoy reduced costs. The hotel enjoys reduced utility costs while the guests of the hotels enjoy reduced fees on rent. With enhanced hotel energy management solutions, costs for both parties are reduced and guests are provided with quality services that ensure that their stay at the hotel is improved.
July 25, 2013 at 3:33 pm
A really good post there, though I do not know much about the hotel management stuff.
July 26, 2013 at 10:44 am
Automating a work always have benefits and you can expect least errors in it . thanks for sharing the information with us mate ..But don’t you think that using automated system would increase the budget?
July 29, 2013 at 5:51 pm
Energy system help a lot in cutting off your costs and then you can easily invest on other projects.
July 30, 2013 at 12:47 am
thanks for this nice article, this is the nice example of optimising your energy resources.., keep writing the good content. 🙂
August 9, 2013 at 10:46 pm
It’s true that a lot of money can be wasted on electricity and other utilities when running a hotel. The article provides some good advice for hotels to actually save money, while at the same time increase customer comfort and satisfaction. Providing auto-dimming lights is one example of that. That’s a feature that can save you money, and you can also advertise it as a bonus of staying at your hotel. Great article!
November 12, 2013 at 12:33 am
Hi Ben, this is 100% Spot on (rated this post 5 stars by the way). Energy Management for Hotels is VERY important and often overlooked by new business owners. I always get excited when I see people telling it like it is about this!
Keep up the good work, good sir! 🙂
March 25, 2014 at 8:52 am
This is an awesome article on efficient energy management systems in hotels. And also agree with Pramod that Automating a work always have benefits and you can expect least errors in it . Thanks a lot for sharing this post.