In this digital world, people largely depend on computers to manage data for personal as well as commercial needs. However, in order to safeguard crucial data against data loss or corruption, most of the organization and people creates backup of their data. Windows Operating System is integrated with an inbuilt in backup utility ‘NT-Backup’ that is employed for creating backup (.bkf files). One cannot totally rely on backup for the security of data as these files are liable to corruption. Hence, in order to recover BKF files, the requirement of a BKF Recovery Tool comes into the picture.
Reasons Behind the Corruption of Backup Files
There can be a number of reasons that can cause corruption of BKF files. Some of the main reasons that are responsible for the corruption are:
- Interruptions during backup process
- Sudden system shutdown
- Virus attacks
- Issues due to unrecognized storage media
- Missing of catalog files
- Errors such as CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) error
- Errors with backup applications
- Crash of hard disk
Errors Encountered With Corrupt BKF file
When you try to open a corrupt backup file, certain error messages will be displayed. Some of the error messages encountered by the users on opening a corrupt BKF file are listed below:
- ‘The backed up data is corrupt or incomplete’
- ‘There is no information contained in the BKF file’
- ‘Backup file contains unrecognized data and cannot be used’
- ‘The backup file is unusable. You must erase it, or chose another file’
- ‘An inconsistency was encountered on the requested backup file’
Apart from above-mentioned errors a number of errors are displayed by the system when you try to open a corrupt BKF file. If you encounter any such issue then your BKF files needs recovery.
How to Recover Backup Files
If the backup files get corrupted, it can lead you to a scenario where you can lose your crucial data. In order to drag you away from such scenarios, a number of third party tools are available in the market. If you are facing any of the issues mentioned below, you can opt for a BKF Recovery Tool.
- You are encountering error messages on opening BKF files
- The backup files are not mounting properly for the restoration process
- The size of the backup file is displayed to be 0 KB
- Unable to restore data after mounting BKF files
BKF Repair is a trustworthy solution to scan, recover and extract files from corrupt backup files of Windows Operating System. In order to recover BKF files the tool is provided with three recovery modes: Quick, Advanced and Range based. The tool is provided with latest technology and is compatible with Windows 8.1 and all below Window versions.