The latest update of the WordPress, i.e. version 4.2 got a new feature- called ‘Press This’ feature. WordPress Web Developers are excited to implement this feature in their next site. Using this feature, users can share photos and videos conveniently and quickly, not only using their laptops but also from their mobile phones. Let’s get into detail with this feature.
This feature makes it easy and convenient for you to share many contents by a single click. For example, you can share:
- YouTube videos
- Instagram photos
- A blog post related link
- Tweets from twitter
- Quotes from different blogs
How to use ‘Press This’:
- Go to the administration panel of WordPress
- Install the bookmarklet ‘Press This’ from the Tools menu.
- Select the desired text while browsing and select the bookmarklet from the browser’s favourite.
- Edit the selected content according to your need.
How to Use:
- To use this feature, just select the desired text and select the ‘Press This’ feature from the bookmarks bar.
- You also have an option of editing and changing the selected texts according to your needs.
- You can add comment, categories or tags and also have an option of saving it by Save As Draft, which can be re-opened in the WordPress editor later.
- But also, the ‘Press This’ bookmarklet is specific for each and every blog. It means that, if you have different blogs, you will require one bookmark for each blog.
Using it from your Phone
From your mobile, use the WordPress dashboard. Then go to tools> available tools. From this option, select the Word Press. The interface of ‘Press This’ feature will open. Now you can add this feature in the bookmarks of your browser, or create a shortcut of this feature on your screen.
When you get the desired content to share, just follow these steps:
- Copy the URL
- Select the ‘Press This’ option.
- Now paste your selected link in the URL space.
- Select scan
By doing this, you can go through the selected page and can select the desired text and content. As for the desktop version, you can also save and edit it later using the WordPress editor.
Conclusion: This feature has been introduced as a very simple and user friendly action in the new version of WordPress. However, it still faces some issues. But it has made sharing content between various sites too easy for the users. If you have tried using this feature earlier, and it came out to be slow, then it’s time for you to revisit the page.
Some other features of this version include an easy-to-use interface, better design, faster in action and the mobile versions. The mobile version has made it really handy and user-free.