The IT Support Engineer resume should provide information about the technical skills and experience in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting computer systems. The candidates for this position are expected to have a good understanding of network systems, operating systems, databases, web services, and other types of software.
A bachelor’s degree in computer science or any related field is essential for this job. IT support engineers with a master’s degree will have an added advantage over the others.
Job Description: IT Support Engineer
An IT support engineer’s job description example includes carrying out the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Ensure optimal performance of an organization’s information technology systems.
- Maintain a high level of customer service for clients.
- Provide users with technical support for all computer-related issues.
- We provide support for hardware and software issues on desktops, laptops, and servers.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance through phone or email.
- Resolve all reported problems promptly.
- As needed, provide desktop hardware repair services to the organization.
- Perform hardware upgrades on computers as needed.
- Assist with the installation of new hardware and software systems as necessary.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of information technology assets in the organization.
- Test new technologies before their implementation into the organization’s network system.
- Install, configure, and maintain Windows servers within a network domain.
The IT support engineer is responsible for the daily administration and maintenance of the computer systems. They will be required to respond to support calls, resolve problems, and maintain records of problem resolution. The successful candidate will also be required to provide support to users, both on-site and remote. The main duties in this role will involve installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners.
ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support & Analysis (OSA)
The Operational Support and Analysis certification will focus on the practical application of OSA practices to enable event, incident, request, problem, access, technical, IT operations, and application management. It will teach the individual how to implement the ITIL processes that will enable them to deliver and support services to customers.
The candidate will be required to demonstrate an understanding of how to apply selected processes and activities within the OSA lifecycle phase. The candidate will also be required to demonstrate they understand the relationship between OSA processes and activities, as well as their contribution to the overall service delivery lifecycle.
This certification is appropriate for individuals who have attained a good level of understanding of the ITIL v3 Service Lifecycle, including:
- Those who require a detailed understanding of OSA practices to undertake operational responsibilities
- IT professionals working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement program.
- Individuals who have completed the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management and want to expand their knowledge of the Service Lifecycle.
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted ITIL who need a detailed practical understanding of OSA practices.
- IT professionals seeking accreditation training
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer is a professional who has earned the Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
The Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification is especially aimed at candidates who want to design and implement the infrastructure for business solutions based on the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 platform. The certification is offered in eight different categories, such as Server Infrastructure, Desktop Support, Infrastructure, Private Cloud, Data Platform, Business Intelligence, Messaging, Communications, and SharePoint.