It almost goes without saying that wedding cards are a customary thing to do for anyone who wants to convey their wedding wishes to a newly married couple.
If you are someone who follows the traditional guest etiquette, it’s better to bring your wedding card to the couple in person preferable on the wedding day itself. Otherwise, you can always send it to them by post or through the mail.
Anyway, here we will discuss a few wedding card etiquette (just for informational purposes) that can come in very handy for you.
First question: Is it OK to write “congratulations” on the card?
The shortest answer is “yes.”
Although it was once considered a little awkward. That was because it was thought of as congratulating the bride on actually landing a man. (No! we are not kidding!)
But now those thoughts have become outdated. You can go ahead with your congratulations. After all, why won’t you congratulate? A wedding day calls for congratulations; doesn’t it?
Second question: What should you write in wedding cards?
The content, of course, depends entirely upon you. We can just provide you with a few tips.
Always remember the perfect wedding wish is something that’s sentimental, sweet and is totally tailor made for the couple. That last bid is specifically very important. Your wedding card must not be made from a general point of view. Make it personalized to make the couple feel special.
A few formal wedding wishes
The first thing that you should remember that just because the wedding’s formal, it doesn’t mean that your wedding card should reflect that attitude from the head to the toe. Your wedding card is not a professional email.
- Wish you a lifetime of love and happiness.
- Best wished for this wonderful journey of yours that you two are going to take together.
- May the years ahead be filled with everlasting joy and happiness.
- May today be the beginning of a happy, long and prosperous life.
- May the love you feel today shine through the years ahead of you.
Hope you get the point.
Hilarious wedding wishes
You can always try this route to bring a smile on the face of the couples. Laughter is the best medicine. So why don’t you try this route?
A word of advice: It’s better to try this route in casual weddings e.g. your friend’s wedding etc.
A few examples:
- Thanks for the free food. By the way, congratulations on your wedding!
- My marriage advice would be: love, respect and wash those clothes.
- Getting married is similar to that drama we had in school. May there be more comedy in your life than tragedy. Congratulations!
- Sharing can be caring, but sometimes enough is enough!
Always remember that funny wedding cards are definitely valued a lot more than the regular wedding cards. Just make sure that you don’t go over the top in your wishes. Otherwise, it might offend someone. Your hilarious wedding cards depend entirely upon the circumstances. Use them wisely.
Wedding wishes for any family member
In these cases, you can either be very personal or you can be quite general. The entire thing depends on you.
Here are a few examples:
- Congratulations on your wedding. Welcome to our family.
- Oh, we’re so happy to have found you in this world. Best wishes to you two.
- Congratulations! Many love and hugs. You are such a great addition to our family. Best wishes.
A final word…
Before we sign off for the day, we would like to point out that if you feel a little more adventurous, you can send the married couple wedding ecards as an alternative form of wedding cards. They are faster, beautiful and convenient at the same time.
Plenty of free online ecard sites are available on the internet. You can choose beautiful designs accordingly that you can send to the recipient on a single click.
And if you want to make the card more personalized and vivacious to the couple’s choice, you can easily get in touch with their hired party planner (if any) to help you out.
Well, that’s all for now then. Hope you had a good read.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.