Looking for a new place to explore on your next vacation? Why not consider a trip to Central America for the adventure of a lifetime? Costa Rica is the perfect place to experience new things and make memories that will last you for years. This tiny country with a population of around 5 million is the most visited nation in the region.
It boasts of a variety of landscapes that would surely entice many. You can have an extreme adventure, or enjoy a quiet day at the beach, it’s up to you. And to further enjoy your trip to Costa Rica, check out some tips below so that you can start planning your next adventure.
1. Decide on the type of experience you want to have – every vacation is different, and with a country that can offer a variety of experiences, you need to decide first on the kind of vacation you want to have. Are you traveling with your buddies who all like to do extreme things and are very athletic? Why not go mountain biking or trekking and visit the Arenal volcano? If traveling with your family, you can go diving or bird watching. Or you can just enjoy a romantic getaway with your loved one by relaxing on the beaches of the country.
2. Get the help of a tour company – if you’ve already decided on your destination, why not get the help of a tour company to help you plan your trip? While a DIY itinerary is certainly doable, if it is your first time in the country, you might want to get the help of experts. There are many tour companies that can offer great advice and help you plan your trip. Likewise, there are many websites, for example, costaricafocus.com, which can give you a list of tour companies you can contact today.
3. Research on the culture of Costa Rica – on any foreign place you visit, learning more about the culture before arriving would be a good idea. You do not need to an in-depth study, but trying to find more information will not only make you appreciate the country more, but it would also keep you from making a social faux pas while visiting a place. You don’t want to come off as rude or insensitive so better brush up on the things you can and cannot do.
4. Learn a bit of the language – what’s good is that there are many Costa Ricans who know how to speak English, but wouldn’t it be fun to be familiar with some of the local language and even local slang? This way, you can actually connect with some locals who may even tell you some hidden, local spots that some foreigners do not know about.
5. Set an itinerary but learn to be flexible – while the key to a great adventure is being prepared, there’s also something to be said about being flexible and spontaneous. It’s okay to map out what you are going to do for each day you are in the country, but be open to any changes that could happen to your itinerary.
Be the FIRST to Know - Join Our Mailing List!
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.