Exposed aggregate concrete has become a household name today. The exposed aggregate is a decorative form of surface concrete that is primarily used in sidewalks, patios, and driveways. It is made up of sand, stone and pebbles, which when exposed create an extraordinary look on the floor. The finishing of exposed aggregate concrete is done either by stripping the surface of concrete or by seeding (aggregates are added to enhance the aesthetics of concrete) to bring out the amazing effects, patterns, and designs from it. Apart from begin one of the finest options for decorative concrete, there are many more advantages associated with it and this article explains it all. Refer below to know about these:
The Benefits of Exposed Aggregate Concrete
There are many notable advantages of installing this form of concrete in your home, some of them being:
- Complements Every Design: If you love experimenting with colors and are desire to have naturally textured stones in your house, then there cannot be a better option than exposed aggregates. The best thing about it is its versatility, where you have the option to add almost any material like limestone, quartz, granite or basalts that would complement the design of your house. Further, you can even add man-made glass or strip a particular surface to have the desired look.
- Safe and Resistant to Traffic: One of the most obvious advantages that aggregates offer is that they are strong and sturdy flooring option, and is able to withstand traffic in a seamless manner. Moreover, it is even safe to walk on them as compared to a traditional form of concrete. This is because they have slip resistant properties and thus are the best solution for traction. Therefore, it is found to be safe for children and the elderly.
- Durable: The level of durability and structural integrity of exposed aggregate concrete is similar to that of the traditional concrete. This means that the floor is able to sustain various element weight and hard conditions without sinking or heaving and this includes extreme climatic conditions too. Since they are ideal for heavy traffic you can have them in the garages, entryways, parking area and driveway of your home.
- Practical Solution: Today a number of contractors utilize this form of concrete particularly to create modern, appealing and stylish flooring. It provides a natural look and needs little or no maintenance, one just has to clean the installed area periodically to keep it clean and tidy. Most importantly it curbs the formation of weed and moss and thus are a practical solution that any homeowner should go for.
- Highly Customizable: Once you have decided that you want to go for exposed aggregate concrete then you can add new materials, modify designs or take up new patterns to get a bold and subtle effect. They are even available in a wide range of texture and color, where you have the opportunity to choose the one that best suits your requirements and budget.
How Can You Make the Most of Exposed Aggregate Concrete?
Having the best quality exposed aggregate is not enough, you even require a professionally skilled contractor who will help you in its installation. Further, the contractor can even guide you about the different types of exposed aggregate concrete, which will best suit your requirement and budget, allowing you to unleash the one that is just designed for your home.
So, first, discover a remarkable contractor near you and then begin your hunt for superior, easy to maintain, versatile and customizable exposed aggregates.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.