Vaping and vaporizers are becoming more popular these days. As people become more adept and open-minded with technology, it becomes easier to understand this phenomenon. Aside from becoming more affordable, simpler and more compact models are available in the market.
Vape Pen FAQs
If you’re not familiar with e-cigarettes, you might think all vaping kits are the same, but vape pens are easy to identify just by how they look. So before you buy a new vape pen, it’s essential to know more about these models.
1. What Are Vape Pens?
When it comes to vaporizers, vape pens are probably the most popular. They come in the shape of a pen which some find easier to handle because they’re light and compact. You could easily slide it into your pocket or a bag without worrying about it taking up too much space.
Being small and sleek, they tend to be more discreet than others. But one thing some people enjoy about it is they’re designed to look elegant and cool. Still, taking a look at other vape mods might be helpful if you’re starting with vaping.
Other terms could refer to vape pens such as:
- Vaporizer pens
- Pen vapes
- Pen vaporizers
- Dab pens
- Wax pens
- Wax vape pens
2. What Are The Parts Of A Vape Pen?
For first-timers, learning technical details about the parts of a device is vital. This will help you know more about how each component works, how it’s assembled, and how you could take care of it.
Here are the basic parts of the vape pen and what they’re for:
- Battery – works as the power supply
- Drip tip – keeps the liquid from dripping out of the tank
- Tank – stores the vaping liquid
- Coil – heats up and vaporizes the liquid
- Threading – keeps the tank and battery together
- Fire button – starts up the vape
- Charging port – usually a mini-USB slot for recharging
- LCD screen – displays battery charge and settings; not all models have this
3. How Do Vape Pens Work?
Now that you have an idea about the parts of the vape pen and what they do, you could better understand how they all work together. First, when you press the fire button, the charged battery will provide power to raise the heating coil’s temperature.
Since you could find the tank and the coil in the heating chamber, the juice stored in the tank can be directly vaporized without burning it. Unlike smoking, the heating chamber doesn’t get as hot as a flame because creating vapor doesn’t need as much heat.
4. How Do Vape Pens Differ?
In comparison to other vape mods, there are differences you can identify. For one thing, other vape mods are bigger and could provide more power. However, with technological advancements, it’s possible that vape pens could have more power regardless of the size.
Other vape mods could also have external rechargeable batteries, contributing to how weighty these models are. And being so powerful, you could get more vapor, flavor, and clouds from these other mods.
But as mentioned, vape pens are smaller, more portable, and more discreet than other mods. Whether you have a vape pen or a mod, it’s essential to be a polite and mindful vaper. Some vapers like to have bigger mods at home and use vape pens for when they go out. Another point of comparison is that vape pens are easier to use because you usually just recharge them, fill up the tank, and fire it up.
Mods could be more challenging to use for beginners because of how many parts they have. Moreover, unlike mods, vape pens can’t be customized. Still, as a beginner, it might be better to learn about customization and mods later on.
Finally, vape pens are more affordable than mods. This is probably because it comes with different parts and you’ll also buy the batteries separately. And with customization, you’ll be spending more on other parts of a mod.
Here’s a summary of the differences:
|Vape Pens||Vape Mods|
|· More affordable||· More expensive|
|· Easy to use and beginner-friendly||· Has a learning curve|
|· Not customizable||· Customizable|
|· Compact and portable||· Bulkier and less discreet|
|· Not as powerful||· Provides more power for flavor, vapor, and clouds|
5. How To Use A Vape Pen?
Remember, the instructions or usage will depend on different models. For instance, some don’t have a fire button or they could have other tricks on how to use the button. Learning how to use the vape pen first might be necessary.
Here are some things to remember when you get your vape pen:
- Read the manual carefully because each model might have different specifications.
- Charge the battery for an hour or two before using.
- Look at the indicator light to see if the device has been charged sufficiently.
Activate the device by pressing the button.
6. How To Care For A Vape Pen?
Learning how to use the device properly is vital so you can prolong its lifespan. One of the biggest mistakes of first-time vapers is they’re not researching how to care for their new vape pens properly.
Here are some things you need to consider:
- Avoid residue buildup by cleaning your vape pen regularly according to the user manual.
- Separate the parts of the pen when cleaning.
- Don’t overfill the tank.
- Properly disperse the juice in the tank.
- Don’t use it immediately when you’ve just filled the tank. Wait for five minutes for the juice to soak the coil.
- Avoid overcharging the batteries.
- Store your vape pen in a dry area at room temperature.
- Keep the pen upright so it doesn’t spill or leak.
- Make sure the device is hygienic.
- Invest in a protective case.
- Keep the device away from children and pets.
- Don’t use the vape device if you think it might be damaged.
- Have it looked at or repaired by a professional if you think it’s damaged.
With the popularity of vaping and with more people using it to quit smoking, it’s easy to understand why there are many types of vaporizers available. If you’re a beginner, vape pens could be a great choice because they’re simple to use and affordable.
However, looking and researching other vape mods will give you a more informed idea of what kind of vaporizer to invest in. As you go and get more experience with vape kits, the complicated types, as well as the customization, will be less intimidating.