An interesting fact: It has taken less than five years for Instagram to become the phenomenon that it is. That’s why you need to unleash the power of Instagram to work for you. The effectiveness of Instagram in everyday life is becoming ever so basic.
With the advent of the digital age, social media has taken a front row in growing personal and business brands, creating platforms for social interactions and building relationships. Every day, Instagram numbers show continued growth. The numbers never lie. In light of Instagram’s ever growing status, here is some important statistical data related to Instagram:
- 70 million photos are shared daily. With this number of users daily you can make a huge impact by engaging a nominal percentage of these users.
- Over 48% of all users actually share photos and videos.
- Over 55% of Twitter and over 90% Facebook account holders use Instagram. You can link your Facebook and Twitter accounts to your Instagram account in order to tap into the huge pool of potential clients.
- Since 2010, over 30 billion photos have been shared.
- 300 million users are active each month.
- As at 2014, 42% of marketers used the Instagram platform to promote their brands. Why would you not want to experience the great marketing opportunity that Instagram offers?
- Posts that include other users handle on average 56% more engagement.
- Posts that include location have 79% more engagement.
Advertising on Instagram
Instagram has been for years used by established companies and individuals as a marketing strategy. Fact is, Instagram is an easy and quick way for companies and business owners to reach out to their target audience in the shortest time possible.
There are three formats that you can use for you to effectively advertise your products and/or services;
- Photo advertisements that have a sponsored label just above the photo
- Carousel Advertisements are similar in appearance to photo ads. They however consist of multiple photos
- Sponsored videos which have a sponsored label just above the photo
By knowing how to get Instagram followers can help you project your personal and business brand. For instance, by doing one or more of the following:
- Exhibit your merchandise to potential customers and share your personal experiences with your Instagram followers.
- You can interact with your customers by asking them to share photos too. This way, your customers will feel at ease and will therefore offer more (important) feedback regarding your goods and services.
- You can ensure exclusivity to your Instagram customers by posting only exclusive deals. This will create a loyal customer base as well as add value to your goods and services.
The most effective way to do anything is to do it well. Make your Instagram experience a memorable and most importantly, fruitful venture. In addition to this, keep all posts juicy, playful and informative. Lastly, add relevant captions to all the videos and photos you post.
Faith Holland has been a social media analyst for the past 6 years. Her track record as an effective social media consultant has seen her help companies get Instagram followers and more likes.