Video is one of the most engaging forms of content on social media, and it’s perfect for showing off your products, services, and personality. No wonder social media corporate video is becoming a staple in any brand’s marketing strategy. And there are plenty of platforms where social media videos capture your potential customers, with YouTube, Instagram reels, TikTok, and Facebook stories being just a few.
Here are some tips on how to use videos to improve your business’s online presence with videos:
- Set social media goals for visual content. This is very important, as this one step will drive real business growth. This also allows you to decide what video content to post on social channels and, more importantly, which metrics to track. For example, if you are trying to attract new customers, your social media corporate videos need to create more awareness, and the metrics you need to track are followers and growth.
- Be very clear about your ideal customer. You’ll attract the attention of many different types of people when you’re starting on social media, but zoom into the types of customers your product or service is built for. Understand their pain points, challenges, and aspirations, and make videos that they will find extremely helpful.
- Share more video content across several social media platforms to find your ideal audience. Remember, your target customer can be on any social media platform, and it’s your job to find them.
- Use all the full variety of visual presentation options on social media channels like Instagram Stories, Facebook lives, reels, posts, etc, instead of pigeonholing your brand into just one option. This doesn’t mean you have to be on all channels simultaneously. Use your channels according to your social media goals.
- Use social media channels strategically. Twitter, for example, is great for making a brand announcement. Instagram is great for showcasing your services and product line. Figure out your social media strategy first, then get onto the next step of conceptualizing the visual content.
- Make social media corporate videos that convey the primary message within the first three seconds. These types of videos create a 13% increase in overall metrics.
- Always add captions to videos, as most users prefer watching videos on mute. This is also an intelligent way to create SEO optimization.
- Track the performance of all your social media content, including videos, against your goals. Recalibrate your social media video strategy accordingly. For example, what marketing teams should be focused on is tracking which kind of video content resonates with the target customers, and then fine-tuning marketing strategies according to reliable data.
- Track the engagement of your social media video content, and note the optimal frequency, days, and times when your target customers are most active and engaging with your content. Try to post on the same days regularly to drive organic growth. For example, ideally, you should post on Facebook about seven times a week. On Twitter, though, you should post no more than three tweets per day.
- You can utilize online tools to easily analyse performance. For example, built-in social media business tools on social media platforms are extremely helpful and can often do much of the work you may pay a third-party app to do.
- Be regular in your posting. Create a video content calendar a month ahead and post on set days.
- Always evaluate your competition. Check out what they’re doing successfully while posting videos on social media, and what platforms they’re using. The best approach is to get inspired by the weaknesses of your top three competitors and use these to inform your strategy.
- A tip to improve engagement is posting surveys and questions, and asking for feedback. Social listening is essential for reaching your engagement goals.