Stock video clips, similar to its image counterpart, are short footages that were filmed to represent a concept. These are also called a B-roll, which serve as supplemental or alternative videos added to the main shot.
Typically, stock videos are outtakes from your previous projects. Moreover, there are platforms now that allow people to publish and share clips that they filmed. This community is beneficial for users who need free stock footage, especially those who don’t have archives of old outtakes, such as students, bloggers, and businesses.
Here are some ways that stock video clips can transform your website:
1. Clearly Convey Your Message
The primary advantage of using stock video clips is that you get to concisely publish your message. Videos have long been a favorite medium of information by consumers. Cater to their preference by incorporating videos into your website and increase the chances that they listen to what you have to say.
Videos should be a part of your digital marketing strategy. For instance, YouTube is an excellent tool to use if you want to publish your videos outside of your website. The platform has a massive subscriber base of six billion. Introduce your brand to these users and redirect them to your site if they want to learn more about your products and services.
While YouTube is the biggest video-sharing platform right now, there can also be intense competition on it. These are the video ranking factors you should know about that influence your YouTube search engine optimization (SEO):
- Keywords – Because YouTube functions as a search engine, it’s still reliant on keywords to know what your channel or videos are all about. Using relevant tags and phrases can boost your ranking on the platform.
- Titles and Descriptions – Knowing the syntax of how your target audience allows you to create titles that answer their search queries, which increase the chances that they’ll click on your video. Descriptions are also used by consumers and search crawlers to understand your content.
- Transcript – A transcript is more beneficial for YouTube users because it helps them understand your video accurately. Continue putting the right keywords in this section for search bots, too.
- Engagement – The watch time and number of comments, as well as likes and dislikes, are counted by YouTube. It’s used by the platform to determine your video’s relevance to a particular search query.
- Thumbnail – Choosing the right thumbnail is a crucial step in boosting your YouTube SEO. The image will be shown to users in the list of search results, so you should publish one that’s compelling and relevant to boost the chances that they’ll watch your video.
- Subscriber Count – This factor determines relevance not only with how many subscribers you have on your channel but also the number of people who decide to follow your account after watching one of your videos.
Publish videos with a clear message on YouTube and your website so that your target audience can get to know your brand better.
2. Save on Production Costs
Small businesses can significantly benefit from stock video clips because you won’t have to spend so much on purchasing video equipment to get the concept or shot that you want. For minor projects, you can even create the clips yourself without having to hire videographers.
For instance, if you’re selling milk and you want a shot that’s on a farm, you can look for thousands of stock outtakes instead of having to pack up your bags and shoot in that location. Not only will you save money, but you’ll also save time and publish the videos that you need for that special promo or sale.
One significant way that you’re saving on production costs with stock video clips is that you won’t have to wait for a particular setting or timing to get a precise shot. Let’s say you want a shot of rain on the farm, but it’s a bright sunny day when you’re in the location. You won’t have to keep on waiting for it to happen if you opt for stock footage.
3. Access to Unique Video Clips
You’ll also gain access to past or hard to shoot events and incorporate them into your videos through B-rolls. Students, for example, may need to report on World War 2 (WW2). They can search for WW2 stock video clips to include in their projects, such as war footage, news stories, or presidential speeches.
This can enhance their storytelling and create an authentic feel to the final output. Moreover, instead of having these moments recreated by actors, real footage boosts the reliability and value of their videos.
4. Publish High-Quality and Professionally Shot Footage
With the extensive offering that stock video clip platforms provide, you can effortlessly find footage that matches your video’s resolution. Plus, these videos are typically shot by professionals who want to help others improve their stories by adding context to different scenes.
Stock footage sites typically accept resolutions of 1920 x 1080 or 4K resolution, which are high-quality enough to complement any video project that you’re making. You can be sure that the output will look beautiful no matter what device your target audience is using to watch your video.
Browsing through various stock video clips can also teach aspiring or budding videographers of various cinematography techniques that they can use for their next project. They’ll be exposed to different styles and angles that capture the perfect shot.
5. Boost Your Brand Authority
Having professional videos on your website can boost potential customers’ perception of your brand. You can impress them with the amount of care and thought you put into each content you publish on your domain.
The ability to convey your message clearly also makes the introduction process more seamless for your prospects. With this, they can get to know your company and advocacy better, which can lead to an increase in conversions.
Stock video clips can help transform your website into something that provides solutions to customers’ queries. These footages can help you relay your message concisely to your target audience with professional shots while allowing you to save on production costs. This can boost your brand authority and expand your consumer base.