Today, the world is grappling with Coronavirus pandemic, to combat the rapidly spreading virus, countries across the globe have put a lockdown resulting in limited travel and industrial activity, people are distancing themselves from social events. As a result of the lockdown, the workout routine of many people is getting skipped as all gyms, parks, and fitness centers around the world have been closed.
The truth is, we don’t need a lot of space or any specialized equipment to get in a quality workout, we can maintain our workout routine even quarantined. There are many ways on the internet where we can have ideas about self-care and body fitness. The best way is to use fitness mobile apps because many of them are designed as a fitness course where we can get all the fitness insights as well as diet plans according to workout. Also, the online trainers to guide you with best-personalized exercise and diet plans.
VR fitness games
One of the most trending technologies in home-fitness is virtual reality fitness games. Studies have proved that exercising in VR can burn more calories per minute than most of the dedicated workout equipment in the gym. VR gaming exercise has made exercising more enjoyable at home. Below is the list of top VR exercise games:
- Box VR is a VR fitness game beneficial for arms, shoulder, and chest exercise, the game is all about punching the boxes coming towards you according to the beats. It has a list of various songs that are perfectly suited to the task of your hands. It also keeps track of your calories burnt during the exercise.
- Beat Saber is a rhythm-based cube slicing and obstacle weaving virtual reality game, it provides the intense workout experience to the users. It has red, blue and neon saber and corresponding cubes and the game is about slicing the moving cubes in the indicated direction with the same color of saber. There are 11 different songs and beat maps for the players to choose according to their preference.
- Hot Squat is an intense workout game where players can squat more than their capacity due to its entertaining virtual infrastructure. You can compete with your friends and the world to get a higher squat count. Virtual reality institute of health and exercise rates it as equal to the intensity level of playing tennis. It can only be played on HTC Vive.
- Pistol Whip is another high-intensity VR game, the game uses a camera management approach that moves objects around the player, the player shoots the virtual enemies as they appear and also dodge the bullets which require a lot of body movements. It makes players entertainingly enjoy their workout.
Fitness and meditation apps to stay fit while staying home
It’s not just about physical fitness, technology can help with mental fitness as well. Below are the mobile apps that can help keep the mind and body fit with yoga and meditation clubbed with the physical exercises.
CENTR by Chris Hemsworth
CENTER combines a lot of different health aspects such as nutrition, living as well as fitness, the app features a team of experts handpicked from the world of fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness. It is focused on high-intensity interval training, exercise tips are without equipment making it perfect for the people who are isolating without access to the gym. The key benefit that comes with CENTR is that it combines three benefits with one subscription price i.e fitness, living, and nutrition. Usually, people have multiple subscriptions for these benefits. Available for iOS.
Aaptiv provides unlimited access to online audio fitness classes led by certified fitness trainers. It has 2500+ music-driven workout classes for a variety of categories such as strength training, stretching, yoga, and many more, best suited for those who do not like to read the instructions but to listen to them. A user will have 30 new classes added every week to choose from, these classes cater to every fitness level from beginners and intermediate to advanced. It is one of the best audio-based fitness apps. Available for Android and iOS.
Asana Rebel is one of the most recommended yoga apps and has a 10 million user base worldwide. It is also packaged with tools for developing better sleep hygiene and other lifestyle habits. With Asana Rebel you can easily lose weight and burn calories, increase flexibility, balance the body while focusing the mind, get relief from stress, and more. It is one of the best yoga and lifestyle app with a dynamic and user-friendly user interface that makes it easy for users to track their progress and share results. Available in Android | iOS.
Peloton digital app is a subscription-based service that lets you get access to all of the live Peloton classes and the entire catalog of on-demand classes. You can redefine your fitness routine at home with the Peloton fitness classes streamed in the app. There are a variety of workout classes such as tread classes, boot camp, yoga, meditation, body weight, and more. The app offers a 90 days free trial period for new users where they can access live classes with equipment or without. Available in Android | iOS | Amazon app store
Neou is a fitness app that has a constantly growing library of over 1500 live on-demand workouts, it was created to bring the greatest variety of high-quality workouts with home comfort. It offers yoga, dance, meditation, boxing, nutrition, boot camp, and more, dig a little deeper and you will be able to filter by class duration, body focus, and difficulty. NeoU also features daily live classes so you can get connected with the NeoU studio. It is easy to use and has something for everyone, you can meet your instructor online before taking classes. It is mostly recommended as one of the best platforms to have dance classes. Available in Android | iOS.
Virtual Meeting Platforms:
Quarantining has forced us to move our social gatherings online, virtual meeting platforms are redefining what it means to be social through technology. Virtual meeting platforms like Zoom, Bluejeans, and Skype have become central to social interaction during the crisis. Hangout with friends and families have become virtually possible, it refreshes our mind and keeps us mentally fit. Below are some of the most frequently used virtual meeting platforms.
- Zoom: Zoom is a web-based video conferencing tool that allows people to meet online. It is one of the most used virtual meeting platforms during the lockdown situation.
- Bluejeans: Bluejeans network is a company that provides interoperable cloud-based video conferencing service that allows a wide range of participants to connect through different devices and platforms.
- Skype: Skype is a software by Microsoft that enables the world’s conversation, millions of users make free video calls, audio calls, conference calls and share files using Skype. It is free to download and easy to use.
Read More: How To Successfully Manage Depression At Home As A Remote Worker During COVID-19
Research shows that being sedentary is bad for your physical as well as mental health, staying fit, healthy, and hydrant while lockdown at this time of uncertainty is a challenge. To deal with this problem, it is important to stay motivated and charged with the help of fitness apps without stepping out of the house. Due to COVID-19, when every aspect of human life faces loss, Health and wellbeing is something that can be taken care of, there are innovative and useful apps which can be a great help to stay fit both mentally and physically while lockdown.
August 14, 2020 at 10:47 am
Yeah, these are some really good to options… something I can definitely be benefited from, thanks for sharing 🙂
November 18, 2020 at 10:44 am
Effective and interesting post for reading, i really love it and waiting for more posts