One thing is for certain; while the iPhone comes equipped with plenty of data trackers, you do have to be careful which one you choose because many of them simply don’t have enough facets or do only the bare minimum to make sure they are keeping track of your information properly. The iPhone Data Usage app does a splendid job of keeping you well-informed about all the information you are using and equips you with plenty of statistics as well. Listed below are some of the qualities which recommend the app:
- The iPhone Data Usage app is a Universal app, so you get two versions — including an iPad version — with just one purchase.
- It allows the user to set limits on the use of data by the week, month, evens the day.
- What makes it a fantastic data tracker is the fact that it will permit you to keep tabs on both your cell phone and Wi-Fi data usage separately.
- It will automatically reset the tracking information when your payment cycle comes to an end.
- Your ideal data use is estimated for you by using the amount of data you presently use.
- It will send you notices during a payment cycle that indicate when certain amounts of your data plan have been used up. No nasty surprises here.
- It will keep you informed of exactly where the data was used.
What Makes It Special
This iPhone app is one of those apps that come around only once in a blue moon. Meaning, one that takes care of nearly every detail you’d be concerned with. While a lot of the otherÂ data trackerÂ apps out there simply don’t do enough, it does more than enough. First off, the application actually instructs you on how to use it when you are using it for the first time, and setting it up is simple too. All you need to do is go into the settings, enter the start and end date of your payment cycle, and then enter your data cap. After you’ve finished doing that, it will begin tracking your data. You’ll be notified when your use reaches 50%, and from there on at every 10% marker until you reach your cap.
Also, checking the application itself can help you obtain a lot more information. It provides detailed graphs so you can view your data use over time.
There is only one disadvantage to Data Usage, but it’s one that every application has: background issues. If you want it to work correctly, it has to be run every time you restart your phone to make sure all background tasks are active.
August 4, 2013 at 9:11 am
It could be helpful for me as every time i was charged more because i am in misconception that my data is present but it is not like that.
August 8, 2013 at 10:23 am
This is a very objective view of showcasing the pros and cons. I really liked this post. Thanks for the share.