Every article you write becomes another page that will potentially rank for each set of keywords that users search for. When you blog about your products and services, you create more links for customers to find your site. Therefore, if you generate more posts, you open up more chances to appear in search results.
For example, with one page and one set of keywords, you can reach only the people who search for those specific words. With a dozen pages and a dozen sets of keywords, you can reach an exponentially larger group of people who search for various combinations of words.
What can a company blog do for you?
Resource Nation states that aside from blogging, there aren’t many other opportunities for you to continuously expand your website. Thus, it pays to dedicate time and effort to managing your blog’s content quality. Beyond SEO, it can also help your company:
- Build a consistent brand image – each time you post something, your company’s values are expressed to the public and this helps foster trust.
- Create lasting relationships – users can comment and receive feedback on every post so they can be kept abreast with all company updates.
- Establish authority – by posting useful information on a consistent basis, your company can create a name as an industry expert.
How do you maximize your blog’s traffic?
For you to accomplish the above goals, you can’t treat your blog as just a sales booth for press releases because nobody would read them. According to an article on Hubspot, it’s all about creating unique content since duplicate content is often ignored by search engines. You also have to pay attention to the following details:
- Use important keywords – people are always posing questions on topics that concern them, so your keywords should relate to your audience’s most frequent inquiries and problems.
- Ease user navigation – your content doesn’t matter if people find it difficult and cumbersome to go around your site’s layout.
- Choose attractive titles – the first thing that users look at is the title so it has to be strong enough to make users want to continue reading the rest of the article.
- Add social sharing buttons – social media is the leader of all internet sharing so it’s the best way to get your content exposed to a wider audience.
Many experts believe that your blog can be your most powerful web marketing tool, as long as you manage it properly and keep it updated. For small business owners, it’s even more important since operating a blog is very cheap but its results are potentially limitless.