Tooth decay is a common issue faced by most people. It damages the surface of teeth and even enamel at times. It is mostly due to the multiplication of bacteria that produces acid that attacks the enamel and causes the tooth to decay. If the decay is superficial or is in the first stage, It is more than enough to go for tooth filling. If the decay has reached the pulp a root canal will be necessary, alert expert dentists from ThreeBestRated®, one of the happening business listing websites where you can find only the best in the business. Here is what they wish to share,
What Is A Root Canal?
A root canal is an endodontic therapy, one of the dental procedures that are done to alleviate pain caused by an abscessed or infected tooth. It involves the removal of the soft centered inflamed pulp. Followed by cleaning of teeth and filling is done to seal the spaces. The ultimate aim of the procedure is to remove bad bacteria from the infected root canal and save the natural tooth. The steps involved are enlisted below,
- Cleaning: It is the process of removing diseased and dead pulp tissue with the help of a hole in the teeth. It will be painful. However, Anesthesia will be included in the treatment to reduce pain.
- Filling: The hollow area will be cleaned, shaped, and decontaminated with the help of an irrigation solution and tiny files. Followed by filling the hole with a rubber-like substance using an adhesive cement to seal the gap completely.
- Crowning: The process will make the teeth weak. Until the teeth get back to a brittle state, The patient should not chew or bite using the teeth. Crowing is done to offer protection until the teeth get nourished with the ligament that attaches the teeth to bone.
Signs That You Will Require A Root Canal
Our body will always communicate with signs. On that note, You can go for root canal treatment without a second thought if you experience the signs listed below,
- Chipped tooth exposing pulp/nerve.
- Swollen and sensitive gum area after the nerve gets infected.
- Deep decay touching pulp/nerve.
- Cracked tooth exposing pulp/nerve.
- Drainage causing an abscess in the gum area [At the root level of the tooth].
Advantages Of A Proper Tooth Canal
Perfect root canal treatment fills you with various benefits including,
- Prevents degeneration in the jaw bone.
- Force and sensitivity in normal biting.
- Protects teeth from excessive strain and wear.
- Prevent adjacent teeth from infection.
- Good and natural appearance.
- Effective chewing.
Risks Involved In Root Canal
It is always performed to save you from infection and pain in your teeth. There are some common risks associated with root canal treatment. They are,
- It is capable of weakening the tooth.
- Risk of developing an abscess at the root level.
- Might damage teeth if the enamel is too frail to cope with the process.
- It is much more expensive than a tooth extraction.
- Multiple appointments are needed to experience the full effect of the treatment.
On the whole, It is the best remedy when completed in the preferred procedure by experienced professionals. Find the best dentist in your locale with the help of the above-mentioned credible source.