There are numerous apps on weight loss, and the one you settle for depends on what you are looking for. They differ in the types of diets, account opening, recipes, and subscriptions. It can sometimes be hard to find an app that fits your health targets. However, here are some of the best apps for 2020 you can try in your weight-loss journey.
If you desire an app that takes a step at a time to help you make a change in your healthy habits, then Noom is a must-try. The Noom diet app is among the trending weight loss apps in 2020, and for a good reason. You can track yourself daily as you take your food and work out.
The app offers you an opportunity to train with a coach and interact with other people who have similar goals to you. You will learn the right foods for you and the ones to avoid, thus helping you make healthy food choices.
- The app is user-friendly.
- It helps to change your lifestyle, thus make healthier choices by eating right and exercise.
- It is worth trying without fear of it failing or having a side effect on your health as it has passed through scientific research and gotten approved.
- You get to train and work with a coach without paying any extra fee.
- It can work on most of your smart devices.
- It enables you to track your progress, and you can tell if you are on the right track or not.
- You have to make most of the meals by yourself. It may be a challenge for anyone not in a position to cook at home.
- It may be expensive for some people.
Fooducate is an app that anyone can try, whether as an amateur or an expert. You can gain loads of insights from the numerous articles in the app. It also helps you track your meals, exercise, hunger level, sleep, and mood.
You can use the app to scan barcodes and analyze the kind of food suitable for you. It can scan for trans-fats, artificial sweeteners, added sugars, and other components. You can then select food that meets your health goals.
- It has a one-time cost version that is free to download and ad-free.
- There is community support that will help you keep up with your progress due to the encouragement you receive from others.
- It encourages you to make healthy food choices.
- Some of its functionalities may malfunction on android devices.
- It does not sync with other devices and apps.
The Lifesum app is a flexible one as it allows you to work with any diet. It focuses not only on your diet but also on other areas of your life that influence your weight loss journey. It has several recipes that you can choose from.
If you are on a keto or low-carb diet, Lifesum will be the perfect app to use. You can sync the app with other devices and health apps if you are using the premium version.
- It has a free version that offers you insights on food tracking, water intake, nutrition tips, and exercise.
- It offers forums for its users to get support, ask questions, and for encouragement.
- It can sync with over 50 health apps allowing you to get valuable information to make your journey successful.
- It has a comprehensive food database that keeps growing.
- Some features are only accessible on paid versions.
- It does not have a feature with personal coaching.
4) Carb Manager
The Carb Manager helps you track net carbs, calories, ketones, insulin, blood glucose levels, and glycemic load to help you manage the keto diet. You can tell if you are making progress with your diet by tracking and using this app. Carb Manager also enables you to access over a million foods from its database.
You can use the app together with a Keto app to personalize your goals and get ideas on how to hit your daily targets. Even if you are a beginner and do not know much about the keto diet, the app has a guide that will help you on the journey.
- It has a comprehensive recipe database from users, the website, and the app’s kitchen.
- The free version can efficiently give you enough information on how to track your keto diet.
- It can connect with over a hundred apps, including Google Fit, Apple Health, Garmin, and Fitbit.
- It is an easy to use app that allows you to enter your limits on carbs and water intake.
- Some features such as meal plans, grocery lists, body measurements, and recipes are only limited to the premium membership.
- It can be hard to customize meals based on preferences and dietary restrictions.