Looking to give (or receive) more than just your average tablet this holiday season? Look no further than Lenovo’s new Yoga Tablet. It is a re-engineered, multimode tablet PC that performs like a serious laptop. Users can choose how to hold it, use it and work off its desktop. It’s versatile and provides the ultimate hands-free experience.
About the Yoga Tablet
Available in both eight- and 10-inch models, the Yoga Tablet is part of Lenovoâs ultraline look with a built-in hinge mechanism that enables a multi-mode use, similar to its laptop namesake. Users can use the Android tabletâs âkickstandâ to hold it at a zero- to 90-degree angle to for tabletop television or movie watching or for use with a Bluetooth keyboard (not included). Additional features include:
- Body constructed with a combination of metal and faux-metal plastic
- Slide-out ‘Smart Side Bar’ holds shortcuts to recently viewed apps and a toggle for a variety of modes. Choose between Hold, Stand or Tilt mode, each with its own sound profile.
- This tabletâs new design offers better weight distributions and grip, which make it easier and more comfortable for users to hold.
- Front-facing speakers with Dolby Digital Plus
- Up to 18 hours of battery life, almost two times more than most other tablets
- Includes a 5-megapixel camera
- Both sizes of tablets are relatively lightweight: .88 pounds for the eight-inch model and 1.33 pounds for the 10-inch.
- A bottom line price that makes it more affordable than other brand name tablets.
Loaded with Apps and Navigation Options
The Yoga Tablet offers users a standard Android experience and comes with a multitude of apps already installed such as AccuWeather, Kingsoft Office, Google Maps, Norton Mobile, and Navigate 6 as well as email and a browser. Both sizes of devices run Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2.
Navigation options offered include regular Home and Back buttons, as well as a button to see recently launched apps. There is a three-dot menu for users to add home screen widgets, change the Wallpaper and Theme, and to preview all available home screens. Users can also quickly access the Settings from the upper right corner.
Why the Yoga Tablet Is the Perfect Holiday Gift
The Yoga Tablet is affordable, much cheaper than its counterparts, which is why it is a great holiday for just about everyone including moms and dads, teens, college students and more! Its flexibility and Hold, Stand and Tilt modes are what make it popular.
Nonetheless, it’s a great gift for many including moms, students, because it meets a lot of needs. The long battery life makes it ideal for traveling since you wonât have to constantly worry about losing power.
It also features a laser-etched back which not only makes it comfortable to hold, but prevents scratches too â great if you purchase this device for a child. This tablet is priced lower than similar-size models.
December 17, 2013 at 11:55 am
This one looks pretty cool, I like that metallic design, and I’m glad that it doesn’t run windows… maybe an affordable alternative for an ipad, unfortunately too late for this year’s christmas..:(
April 8, 2014 at 3:20 am
I am planning to buy this tablet.Looks like a good budget tablet.Thanks for the review
April 29, 2014 at 2:35 pm
This tablet is really looking great. It is worth buying. It is truly an awesome gift to give our loved ones. Never seen such a wonderful tablet like this. I hope it is affordable too …… 🙂