To create unique content, a good structure has to be followed. It must have the right number of paragraphs, headings and text. Since the web page should be easy for the visitor to read or scan through, having headings is crucial, it not only gives the user an idea of what to expect of the rest of the page but helps them not to waste time on information that they may not want in the first place.
Structuring content can be done by using lists, these help in breaking down otherwise chunky text and easily jump out to the reader as they scan through the page, these lists will also add SEO value in the web page. In addition to lists pictures or images can be added to the page. A lot of data or information soon bores a visitor without any images to help them keep reading or visualize the page content.
Internal links help establish an SEO friendly site architecture and are a great help to visitors who want to know more about a topic.
Lastly while structuring the page, a web designer needs to make sure the content is visible above the fold. This will help eliminate scrolling down pages; one way to avoid users having to scroll down to look for the content is by avoiding ads at the top of the page.
Keyword placement is vital if you want search engines to find your page and so placing them strategically during the course of the page design is important. The key areas a designer can place the keywords are:
- The url which is a strong indicator for the importance of the page
- The title, the keyword should be placed as close to the beginning as possible.
- Headings, the keyword should be used in one or more headings
- Keyword(s) can also be used in the alt tag and file name of images
- They can also be placed in the First paragraph or near the top of the page
Web design companies or web designers need a set of processes or technologies to help in managing content on the web page, primarily though, accessibility of the content is what SEO is more concerned about.
Content management can be implemented as follows:
- Choosing the correct redirects to avoid 404-errors. The common redirect used is 302 especially to send traffic to a new URL, although there is another, 301 which is a permanent redirect that passes most link juice to the redirected page.
- Adding structured data to make content useful. This can be done by tagging specific pieces of text so that search engines can understand the meaning behind it. Microdata, Microformats or RFDa can be used to implement structured data.
- Great Design is not always craw able, using web font help in creating a visually appealing website. Combining a craw able page with its appealing front are what the designer should target. Mouse-over effect is a technique that can be used to add craw able content to an image
In the end, when a designer or web design companies undertake the creation of a web page, the users should always come first and the search engine second. The website should be designed around the visitors’ needs, with unique content.