Creating a website for a logistics company is important for promoting a business on the web, attracting new customers, and increasing profits. A single webpage will help you effectively stand out from your competitors, strengthen your brand, and expand your company’s presence. Let’s dive deep to know what a website can do for your business and how to make it convert at the max.
Which Website Is Suitable for a Logistics Company
There is no single answer to this question. The type of website for a logistics operator is chosen depending on the size of the business, its features, and budget. Here are some of the options that you can consider:
- Corporate website – A corporate multi-page website is suitable for a large company that offers a whole range of services and has several branches. Such a project is characterized by complex functionality and contains a set of landing pages for specific services;
- Business card site – A business card site of a logistics company is relevant for a start-up business with a limited budget. Such a page is suitable for a brief presentation of the organization: its services, benefits, team, communication methods, etc. The purpose of the business card site is to introduce the customer to the transport company, to motivate them to learn more about you;
- Landing page – The main task of a landing page is to sell a specific service or product. As an independent site, this option is suitable for small firms with narrow specialization. A landing page can also be included in the structure of a corporate website for the sale of a specific service.
Features of Creating Websites for Logistics Companies
Transportation of goods over long distances causes stress for customers. They worry about the safety of goods, timely delivery, compliance with safety rules, and many other things. In order for users to choose your logistics company, the site must look professional, be informative, and inspire confidence.
To do this, place licenses for ongoing transportation, company details, registration certificate, sample contracts, and prepare cases confirming your professionalism. It is also worth adding an online calculator to get price quotes and the feature for cargo tracking. Don’t use stock photos of vehicles you don’t have. Do not post other people’s articles, do not copy news. Make sure the web content is unique and useful to your target audience.
How to Start Developing a Website for a Logistics Company
The development process should start from a detailed study of the niche – the features of the industry, your target audience, and main competitors. After research, a website design is created and a prototype is built. When the project is ready to be launched, it is properly tested on different devices, and user tests are run. You should also make sure that cpg analytics solutions are a part of your web project in order to be able to track your site performance and traffic.
Transport Company Website Design
The website design of a transport company should correspond to its corporate style: the visual design of branches, social networks, and printed materials. Therefore, it is worth sticking to corporate templates and using ready-made landing pages that are online so far. Otherwise, the page will not fit into the overall image of the company and will interfere with the formation of a strong brand. This will negatively impact customer confidence.
An outdated, eye-catching design will scare off visitors. Therefore, take care of the relevance, attractiveness of the page design. A logical website structure with easy navigation will increase the likelihood that the visitor will study the content and take the targeted action. In order not to overload the top of the page, add a multi-level menu, and integrate the search bar. The site search function will help visitors find the right service faster. Internet users often search for information on smartphones or tablets. Therefore, it is important to adapt the design of the site to mobile resolutions so that the site is displayed correctly on any device. This will increase the conversion.
Site Structure and Functionality
A logical structure and well-thought-out functionality are necessary for the site to be selling, useful, and interesting. Divide services by geography, type of cargo, modes of transport, and other criteria that might be relevant for your business. Make sure that a user can immediately find the answer to one’s question.
To create an interesting site for cargo transportation operators that can attract and retain the attention of visitors, you need to follow three rules:
- Make the site interactive, dynamic – The more opportunities your customers have to interact with the site, the longer they will stay on the page;
- Use professional photos of your team, offices, fleet – Beautiful, concise images will make the site more alive;
- Avoid an abundance of colorful details – They distract the visitor, complicate the perception of textual information.
Make Your Site Convert at Max
It is simply impossible to build a selling and highly converting website overnight. Stick to the above recommendations, and your chances of launching a successful project will go sky-high.