Upgrading your office phone system might not be up there in your priority list as you have several other business activities to take care of. However, if you really want to keep your phone system up and running without any glitches then you must upgrade it. Every phone system uses a particular type of technology, which is bound to be obsolete after a certain time period. Telecommunication technology is a fast progressive domain and the shelf life of any technology is not more than a decade before it is substituted by some other advanced technology. The key to running a successful business is the quick adoption of new technology and how well one uses it in their day to day operations. If you want to gain the right competitive edge, you will have to use the upgraded phone system.
How do you know that it’s time to upgrade your office phone?
Well, here is a list of 6 signs that tell you it’s time to upgrade your old phone system:
- Outdated Technology – These are very interesting times because the domain of telecom is fast changing. New and interesting technologies are substituting the older technologies and phone systems that were purchased a decade back are already obsolete. If you wish your phone system to support the upgraded the network/IT equipment then it is time to opt for an upgrade.
- Scalability – Growth and profitability are the two primary aims of operating a business and in order to accommodate the new business requirements, you will have to upgrade your old phone system. Scaling of your phone system is extremely important and in case the old system can’t then replace it with a new one.
- Mobility – Off site employees working from remote locations should be able to work seamlessly. However, old phone systems seldom support mobility, so you definitely need an upgrade.
- Call Volume – With the growth in your business, the number of calls received or made from the company’s phone system will also grow. You will need to upgrade the old phone system to handle larger call volume efficiently.
- VoIP – PSTN phone systems are passé and you will need to ride the VoIP wave that offers advanced telephony features at inexpensive rates. You will need to upgrade to enjoy all the latest telephony features.
- Features – The latest telephone systems like VoIP and Cloud telephony come loaded with latest telephony features, which would help you to beat the competition. Upgrading your old phone system is the only way you can avail these features.
The above 6 reasons are enough to prod you into upgrading your old telephone system because that is the only way forward. You will have to edge past the others when it comes to customer service or sales and this can be achieved if you use an efficient and feature-rich telephone system.