Undoubtedly, every vehicle owner is concerned about their vehicle’s safety. And over the years, dashcams have optimally provided the needed security. But with advancements in technology, there’s a need for this device’s improvements, and Thinkware seems to understand this very well.
The Thinkware dashcam U1000 is a new revolutionary 4K dashcam with built-in Wi-Fi, GPS, and camera alerts, among other useful features. The front-facing camera has a 4 K UHD resolution while the rearview camera has a 2K QHD resolution, currently making it the dashcam with the highest resolution on the market.
As the successor to the Q800PRO, the U1000 bears all its predecessor’s features with included advancements.
In this review, we’ll take a look at all the essential features of the Thinkware’s U1000 4K dashcam to help you make an informed decision when you need to buy a quality dashcam.
Before using it, the first thing you’ll notice about the U1000 4K dashcam is its sleek design. Instead of looking like an add-on, Thinkware successfully managed to make the U1000 look like an original device in your car.
It has a simple and discreet design that doesn’t distract you from using the rearview mirror once placed behind it. Likewise, its user interface is pretty straightforward with three buttons for Microphone, Wi-Fi, and Power. Above the buttons are three labelled indicators for Wi-Fi, Recording, and GPS.
You also get an additional recording button below the buttons mentioned earlier that activates the ad hoc capture.
Front Camera Specifications
Because it’s a revolutionary entry, the Thinkware U1000 front camera is excellent, offering 4K UHD video quality at 30FPS. The lens here is 8.24MP to give you crystal clear images and recordings.
Additionally, the ultra-high-definition 4K resolution is backed up with a 150º wide-angle view lens to ensure that you don’t miss even the littlest of details on the road.
Rear Camera Specifications
On the rearview camera, you get dynamic 2K QHD recordings at 60FPS capable of capturing images at the highest speeds possible. The videos recorded here are sharper and smoother, thanks to the 5.14MP Sony Exmor R Starvis image sensor.
Like the front-facing camera, Thinkware’s U1000 4K dashcam’s rearview camera also has a 156° wide-angle view lens. It also comes with advanced video enhancement technologies to produce high-quality images.
Thinkware’s U1000 Cloud Cam
Because the U1000 is Cloud-activated, you can stay connected at all times and everywhere with this camera. But this is only possible if you have the THINKWARE CLOUD app on your device and an active internet hotspot inside your vehicle.
Thinkware’s Cloud cam not only allows you to save your files on the Cloud but also has many other utilities. They include:
- Vehicle Location – Using Thinkware’s Cloud app allows you to know where your car is currently located accurately. This is a great feature that adds a lot of value to the safety of your car.
- Live View – No matter your location, you can know what’s happening in real-time. Again this is a major boost to the safety of your vehicle and it sure gives you ample peace of mind.
- Geo-Fencing – This feature alerts drivers on vehicle locations. If your car exceeds a specified radical area, the U1000 acts quickly by notifying you via the THINKWARE CLOUD.
- Impact Notification – In case of a collision or impact, this feature can immediately notify others of an emergency. Therefore, the status of the accident can be remotely checked.
Let us look at a summary of the pros and cons of this magnificent dashcam.
- Easy installation – after hardwiring, installing the U1000 is pretty straightforward. You only need to know where you’ll hide the wires you are good to go.
- High-quality videos from both cameras.
- Comprehensive THINKWARE CLOUD features.
- Sony Exmor R Starvis powerful lenses with image sensors.
- Modern design compatibility.
- Requires massive storage for the 4K videos.
- You require a professional for hardwiring.
Here’s a recap of some of the feature of Thinkware’s first 4K dashcam.
- A wide-ranging smartphone connectivity feature, allowing users to connect to their U1000 to check, download or delete recorded images, upgrade firmware, or update safe driving information via the exclusive Thinkware app.
- Built-in GPS and built-in WiFi
- Advanced Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) technology
- Safety Camera Alert and Automatic Exposure
- Road Safety Warnings System – Includes Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS), Front Collision Warning System (FCWS), Urban Front Collision Warning System (uFCWS), and Front Vehicle Departure Warning (FVDW)
- Time-Lapse recording at 2 frames per second to help reduce video file size, as we’ll as a variety of recording modes, including continuous, incident, manual and the new Energy Saving 2.0
To conclude, dashcams have become useful over the years for reasons, but Thinkware’s U1000 4K dashcam brings something fresh.
You can ride safely and get alerted on all the happenings while inside or outside your car. Currently, it stacks up as one of the best UHD dashcams in the market, and it would be best to consider its services.