The Indian premium smartphone market is full of many able handsets, among which Sony has quite some very well selling models including the sleek, stylish and sturdy Xperia Z series. Soon after launching the popular Z2, the Japanese mobile major has already brought in its new Xperia Z3 handset at the IFA 2014 in Berlin along with the handset’s smaller sibling Xperia Z3 Compact, Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact, and the Xperia E3.
However, Sony has not officially revealed the release date as well as pricing for the Xperia Z3. The new Sony Xperia Z3 is slated to globally launch by November this year and get available in the market within a month’s time from then.
For now, the Sony Xperia Z2 is available for sale in the Indian mobile market and is offered in a color choice of Black, White and bright Purple. The Xperia Z3 on the other hand comes in a new color range for an expected price tag of Rs. 49,999. The handset’s market rivals will include the Samsung Galaxy S5, Apple iPhone 6, HTC One (M8) and Nokia Lumia 1020.
The Sony Xperia Z3 is the Z2’s able successor and is said to be the best multi-purpose gadget from Sony along many great high-end features. The Sony Xperia Z3 has been revealed with its new attractive color options of Black, White, Silver Green and Copper. The premium smartphone will come with a massive 20.7 MP camera, huge 128GB of external memory, IP65/68 certification and PS4 Remote Play.
Needless to mention, like its predecessors the new Sony Xperia Z3 is also a sturdy phone which is water proof and dust proof (IP65/68) smartphone. It has become more advanced than its predecessor Z2, with a lighter, sleeker yet sturdier built and more attractive design. The Sony Xperia Z3 is really a revolutionary smartphone device that not only withstands splashes of water or washing with water, but also allows you take quality pictures under water while swimming for up to 30 minutes in a depth of 1.5 meters of water.
The Sony Xperia Z3 is also a high performance smartphone and is faster than the Z2. It runs on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat OS and is powered by 2.5GHz quad-core processor with 3GB of RAM. It offers 16 GB of internal memory with microSD expandability. It supports the connectivity options of HSPA+, 4G LTE, GPS, Wi-Fi, DLNA, A-GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, etc.
The Z3 also packs in a larger 5.2 inch full TRILUMINOS display with a screen resolution of 1080×1920 pixels and X-Reality for superb multi-media experience. Sony’s contrast enhancement technology enhances the viewing angles and offers sharp display even in bright sunlight.
The new Sony Xperia Z3 is the first ISO 12800 smartphone that offers a massive 20.7 MP primary camera with 4K Ultra-HD video recording capability. Its large Exmor sensor, superb LED flash and 8x digital zoom ensures excellent pictures, while its 2.2 MP secondary camera is ideal for video chats and selfies.
The Sony Xperia Z3 is draws its juice from a powerful 3100mAh battery offering up to 19 hours of talk time and up to 740 hours standby time and up to 10 hours video playback or gaming.
The Xperia Z3 is a PlayStation Certified smartphone that comes with PS4™ Remote Play that allows access to PS4™ games. PS Remote Play allows one to seamlessly switch from one’s PS4 console to the phone and make it mobile in the house.
The Sony Xperia Z3 offer advanced sound quality even in noisy places with its built-in Digital Noise Cancelling technology in its MDR-NC31EM headset, facilitating superior music playback session anytime, anywhere.
It also comes with a whole host of pre-loaded Google apps as well as a stack of apps from Sony to offer fine smartphone experience.
Following are all the key features of the Sony Xperia Z3 along with its full specifications:
- NFC, 4G LTE, FM radio with RDS
- Faster quad-core Snapdragon 801 chipset clocked at 2.5GHz of speed
- Larger 5.2 inch Full HD TRILUMINOS screen with X-Reality
- Latest Android OS version 4.4 KitKat
- Enhanced Waterproofing and dust proof qualities which allows picture shooting under 1.5 meter water half an hour
- Superior 20.7MP primary camera with Ultra-HD 4K video shooting, Exmor RS sensor, 8x digital zoom and pulsed LED flash
- The first ISO 12800 smartphone with SteadyShot technology along with Intelligent Active Mode
- PlayStation Certified with PS4™ Remote Play feature
- Sony’s advanced 3D Surround Sound technology (VPT)
- Sony’s intuitive display contrast improvement technology with sharper and great view even during the day in bright sunlight.
- Advanced headphones with built-in Noise Cancelling technology
- Bluetooth stereo, “WALKMAN” application and 3D motion gaming
- 16 GB of inbuilt storage that can be expanded to up to 128GB through Micro SD card
- Front facing secondary Camera of 2.2 MP with an Exmor RS imaging sensor
- Connectivity options including Wi-Fi with hotspot, Bluetooth, 3G, 4G LTE in only some select markets, GPS with A-GPS, Micro-USB, Glonass, NFC and DLNA
- Dimensions 146.5x72x7.3mm in a body weighing 152 grams
Pre-loaded Apps including Google Play, Google Maps Mobile along with Street name view, Sony Select, Google Hangouts, Web browser with WebKit, Google Chrome, Google Search and Google Voice Search.
Sony’s advanced 3D Surround Sound technology along with VPT, Sound improvement software Clear Audio+ and Loud Sound Experience
Powerful 3,100mAh battery pack along with an advanced Battery STAMINA Mode for added backup facility with up to 19 hours of Talk Time, up to 7400 hours of Standby time, up to 130 hours of Music playback and up to 10 hours of Video playback.
The new Sony Xperia Z3 comes along with the following accessories:
- DNC noice cancelling headset
- PS4 controller
- Exclusive content
The new Sony Xperia Z3 along with all its superior world class features, advanced technology, superior built quality, design and high-end performance is thus all set to set fire on the already highly competitive premium smartphone market. The Xperia Z3 should also be boon for the photography lovers on the go, and revolutionize the smartphone photography.
The article has been written by Kundan Srivastava, who is passionate about technology. He’s working at 91mobiles.com and writes about the latest in the tech domain, right from devices to innovations.