In Pictures:[imagebrowser id=4]
Following the death of Apple founder Steve Jobs who died yesterday after a lengthy battle with pancreatic cancer, tributes, led by President Barack Obama, has been pouring in. The world has indeed lost a very rare gem with the passing away of the mastermind behind the iPhone, iPad and the iPod at the age of 56.
Barack Obama’s Tribute To Steve Jobs
‘Steve was among the greatest of American innovators – brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it.
‘By building one of the planet’s most successful companies from his garage, he exemplified the spirit of American ingenuity. By making computers personal and putting the internet in our pockets, he made the information revolution not only accessible, but intuitive and fun. And by turning his talents to storytelling, he has brought joy to millions of children and grown-ups alike.
‘Steve was fond of saying that he lived every day like it was his last. Because he did, he transformed our lives, redefined entire industries, and achieved one of the rarest feats in human history: he changed the way each of us sees the world.
‘The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steve’s success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented. Michelle and I send our thoughts and prayers to Steve’s wife Laurene, his family, and all those who loved him.’
Some Steve Jobs Tributes On Twitter
- Mark Zuckerberg: Steve, thank you for being a mentor and a friend. Thanks for showing that what you build can change the world. I will miss you.
- Anderson Cooper: Sad news, steve jobs is dead.
- Kylie Minogue: From my Mac to all Lovers…..RIP Steve Jobs.
- Tyra Banks: As I type on my iPhone, tears spring2 my eyes4an amazingMan I never met. His genius has touched us all. Steve Jobs, you will b/with us 4ever.
- Ellen DeGeneres: I just finished my show and I heard the news about Steve Jobs. He was an amazing man with an incredible vision. He changed the world.