Though Sony’s new PlayStation which has the code name of Orbis has not yet be launched, Destructoid web site has been publishing leaked images of the future gaming console’s controller. Based on the images the gaming station looks like a traditional PlayStation controller and has four buttons, two control sticks and a touch pad for directions. It also includes a blue light similar to PlayStation Move’s motion controlling tool.
The features of PlayStation 4 based on these images are as follows:
• Touch pad – The controller will have a Vita-like screen with touch responsiveness that has been implanted in the center of the controller and it will also have a shining plastic ribbon like the one on the PS Vita with the Select and Start buttons. Though the controller looks like Dual Shock’s controller in size and form the control sticks of PS4 are curved in.
• PS eye camera – It has a blue light LED bar on the top of the screen, like the one in the PlayStation Move and it will make use of the incorporated light to follow the actions of the controller. It will also be well-matched with PlayStation Move controllers and will provide controller free gaming like Kinect.
• An unmarked key – There is a tiny rectangular key to the left side of the touch pad and on the upper right hand side of the d-pad. This is the “share” key, which can be used to let gamers quickly share clips of in-game clip with friends and probable third-party such as Facebook.
• In-built speakers and earphones – In the center of the controller is a amplifier grill which can incorporate a speaker or earphone which will provide clear hints. At the base of the controller device there is a 3.5 mm electrical connector for the earphones.
• A peculiar dock – On the bottom part of the controller there is a dock that can be used to immobilize the touch pad which in turn will avert mistaken hits or will trigger the controller’s eye camera.
• Thumbsticks and D-Pad – Though the square, triangle, circle and X buttons have not been altered, the d-pad and thumbsticks look very much different from the Dual Shock 3. The size of the controller is considerably bigger and hence the sticks are more away from each other. The thumpads have also been altered to make room for a curved-in center and a distinctive rim around the edges. The directional keys on the left side are bigger and look like one big piece separated by small grooves. The base of the structure is broader.
• Hardware specifications – The processor of the PS4 will be the 8 core AMD with 8GB RAM and 160GB of internal storage. It will also include a Blu-ray disk drive. Three dimensional games can be run on PS4 at 60 fps with a resolution of 1080p.
• The PS4 will also have cross-platform features with other gadgets like tablets and smartphones.
Gamers who are eagerly waiting for the new device will not have to wait for long as Sony will be revealing the new gaming console in a special PlayStation event to be held in New York City shortly.