Compiling a PowerPoint Presentation to a standalone application is very comfortable move. However, many users still aren’t aware of this handy trick. I guess you are already aware of the term ‘Standalone’, It is an application that doesn’t require any additional programs or addons to run.
By making it standalone, you can share the presentation files on the go, without any hassle. The receivers do not necessarily need Microsoft Office or PowerPoint installed on their PC.
How To Make Standalone Presentations
- First open the Presentation, which you wish to convert into a standalone program. Click Save As -> and choose ‘PowerPoint Show (.PPS)’ from the dropdown of format selection.
- Then run the file and choose Package for CD, if you would like to set up Autorun.
- When up for final presentation, export the .PPT as .PPS to easily run the slideshow without accessing the toolbars and edit area.
- There are literally hundreds of tools which offer Free PowerPoint to EXE conversion services.
- One of the best tools is VaySoft. Just run the application and choose the Source PowerPoint Presentation file and the destination directory path for the converted file.
- Tick ‘Generate Autorun for CD/DVD’, if you wish to play it automatically when a CD or DVD loads up.
- You can tweak around with Logo Setup and PowerPoint viewer options.
- These tools make your presentation accessible to everyone without any PowerPoint viewer installed on your PC.
Benefits Of Standalone Presentations
- You can directly launch the slideshow, without opening PowerPoint editor.
- The receivers do not need PowerPoint installed for viewing the presentation on their system.
- This makes portability a lot more flexible, because can share the presentation with anyone.
- Compress the files and images into a single executable file.
- However, one drawback is executable files are vulnerable to malicious virus and malware and a few users may be reluctant to download and run them.
I hope you find this useful, if you face any problems, Please notify me through comments.
February 21, 2013 at 7:55 am
When i was a student I used to do these Standalone PowerPoint Presentations every week for different projects.. I really enjoyed it. it is the best way to present info in an attractive and fast way.
February 21, 2013 at 8:22 pm
Thanks for the Tips
I have heard that Using Cusomized Animations in Powerpoint can be Harmful for the Presentors, Is that true?
February 22, 2013 at 12:40 pm
Even i have heard about that but was confused weather its true or no
February 22, 2013 at 2:11 pm
Great insights, Gautham! I am not sure whether I’ve given more bad presentations or heard more bad presentations, but I’m sure we can all do better with the help of your post. Great information!
February 25, 2013 at 3:23 pm
Thanks for the tips, but is there a version for Mac os ?
April 23, 2013 at 3:58 am
I don’t think there is a version for MAC Os.
April 1, 2013 at 5:07 pm
I’m one of those many people who didn’t know about this! Thanks for sharing. I’m sure I’ll need it in the near future now that I’ve been exposed to it. Things always seem to happen like that for me, lol.
April 6, 2014 at 10:14 am
I use this great application and find it very convenient as it doesn’t require any addons to run.
June 6, 2016 at 11:03 am
All the tips for creating impressive presentations are very well explained. I will surely consider them.
As in business, PowerPoint presentations are a typical event. In spite of the fact that PowerPoint presentations are not necessarily the best but most effective type of business presentations; moreover they do lend a lot of valuable benefits.
Mainly, the adaptability, simplicity, and pace with which a business PowerPoint presentation can be produced and shared are presumably the most outstanding qualities.
Thanks for sharing 🙂
August 11, 2017 at 7:49 am
One of our biggest problems is solved.
Thanks for sharing your informative knowledge with us., because any one can make a Power point presentation but to make it attractive is a difficult one.
once again thank you.