If you own a construction business, you definitely know the uses and benefits of a crane. While owning cranes can give you flexibility of use, you will end up spending a lot of money on maintenance during times when there isn’t much work on hand. Hiring a crane, therefore, works out to everyone’s benefit.
Mobile cranes are growing in popularity these days, and you can consider opting for them instead as they are cost effective, flexible and you save money. These cranes are smaller than their regular counterparts. However, they are more powerful than they look, and can carry more than 220 tons of weight. These cranes can even be moved inside your construction project for heavy interior work.
Should You Hire a Mobile Crane?
If you’re debating about whether you should hire a mobile crane or go in for one that you’re accustomed to, consider some benefits you get from going mobile.
- You save on money since you’re paying for a mobile crane only when required, and you can get to do extensive work with it. Additionally, you can move the crane between sites, saving even more since you don’t have to hire multiple cranes for multiple sites.
- You don’t need to have dedicated staff to operate your hired crane since the rental company rents out the crane with the operator. Costs are all inclusive and you can use your workforce to complete the task on hand without wasting time getting used to a new crane.
- You don’t need to bother about maintenance, and if the crane breaks down or malfunctions mid-way, the rental company will replace it.
- Hiring mobile cranes for your construction business helps improve your project workflow since you can use it inside the building as well. This can speed up a lot of work that would have earlier been done manually, and you can get the job done much faster.
How Do You Hire A Mobile Crane?
Quite a few companies give you options to hire mobile cranes locally and rent these out either on an hourly, daily or short term contract. When hiring a crane, these checkpoints can help you get a good bargain and can truly benefit you.
- Before you hire a crane, you need to check the company’s registration and license to make sure you’re hiring from reputed people. Also, check the operator’s license along with his insurance papers. You can also check the validation of their license from the local issuing authority. You certainly don’t want to have issues later or be held responsible if there is an inspection and if your crane operator is not authorized to operate it, or if there is an accident.
- Check on prices and compare prices of multiple companies along with the options they offer. Rather than just going for what is priced lowest, choose the services of a company that gives you good services, includes proper coverage and a reputed operator at a reasonable cost.
- Check on reviews from others who have also used their services before you hire your mobile cranes. Doing so ensures that you’re not just swept away by high promises, but you can be sure that the cranes you choose will truly deliver.
When hiring mobile cranes, take your time and do your homework before you finalize on a service provider. While there is no end to the countless offers out there, choosing wisely will save you much time and heartache, and give you good value for your money. Avoid third parties when hiring and hire directly from the rental company so that you can be sure that you get a good deal.