For the past few years now, Google has been in a continuous battle with the so-called “web spam or search spam”. Web spam involves pages or links that try to get better rankings by using sneaky redirects, keyword stuffing, and many more. Mainly, Google shoos away those pages which use “blackhat” methods to increase their ranks; the giant search engine makes it so to help users find more accurate and legitimate results on the web.
WTH Is Authorship?
Recently, Google has made a buzz on the Internet with its new feature, “Google Authorship”. For bloggers or so-called “content creators” in the net, Google authorship allows them to attest that they are they are real, authentic authors. It also serves as the bridge between the author’s work and Google+.
It all started out when Google filed a patent for “Agent Rank” seven years ago. In the said patent, to determine the ranking of the “agents”, the impact of their content and their popularity will be considered. The more popular an “agent” is, the higher the content in the ranks. This is where authorship comes into play. It will give users their own identity on the net which will connect you to the content you’re writing.
Once Google Authorship has been set up, they are now assigned to their initial Author Rank. Author Rank operates as a help to Page Rank. With the help of Google Plus, one can gain influence and +1s in their content. Generally, an author becomes authoritative if the content of his work excels more than the others. Of course, this greatly helps for it enables Google to place high quality content in higher ranks.
Authorship remarkably helps in personal branding, too. With the trust and influence that can be built through Google’s metrics, changing your viewers to subscribers is easy as 1, 2, 3.
Authorship Saves The Day
- With Google having an author’s personal account with them, they can be more assured that the content put up is trustworthy and of great quality. It reduces the probability that an author is responsible for spamming and cheating the ranks. Thus, a credible author’s work would not be falsely accused.
- It gives Google a chance to change the weight they put on up on the link. Their Author Rank would now contribute to the weight of their link.
- This is truly an excellent idea of Google for in due time, it can help developers in the future of searching algorithms. With Author Rank, developers can now identify which among the contents do the people think are knowledgeable and reliable. Content will then be a big factor in possible rankings.
- When it comes to the author, if they write constant strong and worthy content, then Google would have to value them for they believe that the customer’s value it too. This may help the authors make a name due to the fact that Google trusts them enough to put them in higher ranks.
- Google authorship also aids in connecting the author of the content and their readers. With their works seen on their Google+ page, it promotes interaction between the author and the readers with the help of comments from the readers.
- Due to the trust and authority factor that authorship gives, one’s branding campaign will benefit exceptionally.
There is no doubt that Google only wants the best for their readers. With authorship, credible results would surely be given credit. So if you’re a writer, marketer, musician, journalist, or just a simple blogger, then you better get into Google Authorship now.
October 8, 2012 at 3:43 am
Spams are destroying the working environment. Google Penguin update is to discourage these spammers and Google Panda update is to discourage the copied contents.
December 4, 2012 at 9:49 am
Actually Nawaz, G+ Author profile is tad lot different from those algo updates. My client, one of the top brand consultants in the industry, is getting benefits from my guest blogs.
October 9, 2012 at 8:49 am
That looks pretty cool! I’ve refused to have a G+ account yet but now I’ve just found a really significant reason for creating one! Thanks for then inspiration!
October 9, 2012 at 9:21 am
It’s a new dance step for us here in Google. I’m thrilled that there are such developments; it’s crazy yet astonishing how their team can manage to think of ways to revolutionize search.
December 4, 2012 at 9:53 am
As a pseudo brand consultant, sign up now! 😀 Just Google how people install it in their site. 🙂