If you’re looking for content writing strategies that will drive more organic traffic, then we have some highly effective recommendations for you. If you’re a content writer, then you already know how to write well, but what are the factors that help with driving traffic? Let’s find out below what helps with this!
Incorporate On and Off-Page SEO
Many companies look for SEO-friendly content writing services to help boost their traffic inflow. But how does one optimize a website for SEO? When it comes to SEO, there are a lot of factors that you need to account for. First, you need to have a comprehensive on-page SEO strategy for each of your web pages where you’re posting your blogs and articles.
On-page SEO essentials include elements such as headings, subheadings, meta tags, slugs, etc. There are a few things that you need to keep in mind. Take a look at some of the pointers for optimizing your on-page SEO below:
- Always use your selected primary keywords in your main headings, preferably in the title and introductory paragraph as well.
- The primary keyword should also be in a few subheadings and the slug.
- In the overall content body, make sure your primary keyword appears between 1% to 2.5%.
- Make sure your keyword placement looks natural and doesn’t come off as forced or overstuffed.
- Scatter your selected primary and secondary keywords across your webpage copies, including headings, image texts, and the body.
- Make sure your use of content and keywords is targeted and contextual so that Google can pick up on it.
The off-page SEO strategies are just as important as on-page SEO. Off-page SEO is the strategy you implement to optimize your website through external factors. This could include social media activity, guest blogging, brand mentions, influencer marketing, and much more. All of the mentioned tools can help spread the word about your website further and direct traffic from a variety of external channels.
Make Your Content More Engaging
Your business website must be highly engagement friendly. It is high time that web designers look at engagement tools as an important digital marketing metric. You need to make it easier for the visitor to engage with your content. How do you do that? Here are a few quick tips:
- Make your CTAs (Calls to Action) easy to read and find
- Insert easily accessible social media buttons on your webpages
- Add a comments section on your content to receive feedback
- Provide an email address for the audience to get in touch with their queries
- Maintain an active blog
- Add automated/instant customer service chat tools
Optimize for Mobile Use
More people are using their phones to visit websites than ever before. This means that optimization for phone and other mobile devices usage has become essential. Your business website needs to have a mobile-friendly design. Here are a few quick tips on what to keep in mind:
- Optimize your website to adapt to all kinds of mobile devices, such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.
- Make sure you scale your images and give them a responsive design that also works well for mobile users.
- Keep your meta titles and details brief and crisp.
- Limit pop-ups and make sure you don’t choose ones that cover the entire screen because that can prevent mobile users from accessing your content while landing on your web pages.
- Structure your content for a mobile-friendly readership. Break it down into smaller paragraphs, bullet points, etc.
There is no one recipe for driving organic traffic, but the factors that we discussed above surely help with not only driving traffic but also making it stay.