The choice of keywords is critical to effective search engine optimization. But three simple techniques for on-page optimization that include certain search engine specific activity on your website which automatically leads to enhanced organic rankings on Google. Organic rankings are sometimes the easiest yet the most difficult to achieve but here are three key steps that will help you achieve improved rankings through on-page optimization.
1. Meta Tags– Meta tags have a direct impact on web site rankings since search engine spiders get the basic information of any website through tags. Tags need to be optimized the right way since they cannot improve rankings all by themselves. Meta tags are often used to verify the major aspects of a website since they are critical to get users clicking through search engine results. Make sure your meta tags are formatted appropriately and according to the checklist below:
- Meta tags must include a title tag that should include the keywords being optimized.
- The suggested size of Meta tags is sixty or fewer characters. This helps to fit with Google’s search results.
- The description for Meta tags must not exceed one hundred and fifty characters and the optimized keywords should not be repeated more than twice.
- Keyword tags are usually undermined or misused and in fact they can spoil your search rankings in the long run. For best results, it is important to use the few highest ranking keywords while using keyword tags. This will give search engines the impression that your website is worth the top rankings.
2. URL Structure- It is a well known fact that having your main keyword as part of the URL produces best search results but it is not the sole factor to high rankings. Although there are a number of companies that have their keyword in the URL yet they rank comparatively low on search engines. In case you are unable to purchase a URL with the main keyword then you may create a unique page on your site using the keyword in order to optimize it. This allows you to place your keyword close to the root URL hence, giving it more value.
3. Page load speed– The page load speed is a great deal of importance to all search engines including, Google. Since websites that load fast lead to an enhanced user experience hence, make sure you keep your website’s load time to the minimum in order to rank higher on all search engines.
On-page optimization is critical to any website’s search rankings but it is not the only reason to rank high on search engines since it’s the single most important aspect of the overall strategy. It is essential to review and evaluate your website, landing pages or blogs while keeping in mind your Meta tags, page load speed, URL structure and the overall optimization strategy. Although there is no end to research and the development of new on-page optimization strategies but my research indicates that the three factors discussed in this article are particularly important to have more of an impact that competitors in terms of search rankings.
Freida Gnomes has written for popular blogs including RINF Internet News Portal. She is a Master’s in Business Administration from Panworld University and also a member of the Alumni Association at the University.