Samsung Galaxy Note 800 which is now considered a threat to Apples’s iPad is the latest offer by Samsung in the high end device segment market. With a versatile functionality, nifty features and extremely user friendly mode of operation, this device is on its way into making a mark for itself in the increasingly competitive market for such devices.
- 10.1 inch WXGA Display with 1280×800 pixels (LCD)
- Height – 180 mm
- Width – 262 mm
- Depth – 8.99 mm
- 1.4 GHz Quad-core Exynos Processor
- Operating System – Android 4.B
- Internatl Storage – 16 GB
- RAM – 2GB
- TouchWiz UI
- S Pen input
- 3G HSPA + support
- Micro SD (Up to 32 GB)
The body of Samsung Galaxy Note 800 is white surrounded by a silver border. In spite of the fact that it is a large device, it looks sleek and stylish and has that professional look about it. It weighs only 600 grams which is lightweight and the 8.99 mm depth do make it one of the thinnest of devices. The 1280 x 800 pixels resolution does indeed make the screen display vibrant and colorful.
The TouchWiz UI Skin is elegant and offers a nice bit of customization. The lock screen too is pretty much simple but rather elegant. Swiping anywhere on the display screen unlocks the device.
Other Innovative Features
1. Multiscreen – One of the most exciting features of this device is its multiscreen feature. For instance this feature enables the user to either watch a movie, or use any other apps and also open the browser or the S Note. If the user wants to save an image, he or she can simply capture and drag the image to the S Note.
2. S Pen – The stylus pen unique to Samsung devices allows the user not only to make notes but also draw, sketch and explore one’s creative expression in such forms. The pen is lightweight and quite easy to operate and there is extra stylus pins that come with device. The device also has 7 templates for S Pen use. The pressure sensitivity feature of S pen is an added feature as also the handwriting recognition feature.
3. Audio – The speakers in this device are front facing thus enabling the user to have a better multimedia experience.
4. Adobe® Photoshop® Touch Feature: This is an exciting feature that allows the users to express their creativity by multi-layering the images, apply effects and share their creative outcomes on social media platforms such as Facebook.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 800 can also be connected to laptops, TVs and other tablets to share multimedia content. A mike and camera in the front allow for video chatting. The 5 MP camera at the rear is auto focus and the pictures taken are sharp and clear. There is also an LED flash that could be used when the user wishes to take a photo in dim or low light conditions.