It is true that for dentists, this competition to get the first-page rank is always tough. There are so many companies and dental houses, giving you a tough competition. So, how can you possibly get your pack separated from the rest? How can you enjoy the finest visibility for practice? The answer is simple. You need to implement a localized search engine optimization or SEO campaign, followed by some of the step-by-step practices. There are certain steps included, which will help you to get that much deserve edge over your competitors in here for sure.
It all starts with keyword research:
You need to work your way out of this procedure by listing out the services that your practice might involve. Inside your Google Ads platform, you have to enter every service within the Keyword Planner Tool. It helps in identifying keywords that people might use while searching for dental services and procedures.
- However, there is no need for you to advertise on Google as of now. You can use the free keyword tool from Google for identifying the best keywords, designed for local SEO.
- In the case of dental practices, there are mainly 2 types of keywords available. One is a phrase with hiring talent and another one is a phrase with research intent.
- The main focus will be ranking for the intent keywords as they will mainly use signals to ensure that person, who is focusing on the search, intends to take some sort of action. The transactional keywords are widely used for optimizing the homepage and also the allotted service pages.
- Then you have research intent keywords, which are mainly used for gathering information. Let’s take some examples. The search term called “teeth whitening DIY” is not quite looking to hire a dentist. Similarly, searching for “cost of dental implants” does not mean the person is all set to visit the dental unit. It is all for gathering information.
- However, research-oriented keywords can be pretty useful. It will play a secondary role in SEO initiatives as they will serve as major topics for blog articles or some FAQ pages.
As one major and general rule, your focus should be intended towards optimizing homepage first and then the service pages, for hiring some of the intent keywords. After that, you can start developing informational pages about the research-based keywords. You can get some valid information on that from Tayloright too.
Then you have keyword optimization:
There are mainly two major pages which you have to optimize. The first is Google My Business page, which will offer faster improvement. But, it is mandatory to optimize the main pages of the website.
More about Google My Business page:
The Google My Business page is what is shown in your “map” results, for some of the local dental searches. A properly optimized page will play a significant role in SEO initiative and will deliver some compelling introduction of practice to some of the prospective patients. The second significant benefit of optimizing this page is that it makes it faster and easier to procure Google My Business page rank in Google vs. your website. Moreover, Google ensures to show such map pages at the top of the rank. There are certain steps involved to make this work straight.
The first one is verification:
For editing some parts of the profile page, you have to first claim and then get to verify the page with the help of Google. You can easily confirm that the profile has been well verified by logging right onto the dashboard and finding checkmark with “Verified” word right next to the business name.
- If you have not verified business, you might see one “Verify Now” button on the dashboard.
- It will help you start the procedure quicker.
- In case, you have multiple pages for that same location, you might want to merge them well to display only one.
Basic-information inclusion in the list:
Always be sure to use the only official name of practice. After that, don’t forget to include the exact address as that’s how Google might be able to map your location.
- When the matter involves a telephone number, be sure to use your local number and not 800-number. It helps in straightening the presence of the localized business.
- It is rather critical for you to use a consistent name, address and even phone number information across Google My Business page, other pages, website and even the directory listings.
Now for the categories:
According to Google’s guidelines for the localized pages, each one of the categories must describe your practice well and not only what it does.
- In terms of dental unit, you can add a category called “orthodontics” but not “straightening of teeth,” as one example.
- You might have to include all possible categories for practice. Some available categories are dentist, cosmetic dentistry, dental implant Periodontist, emergency dental care and more.
- It is really important for you to pick up around 3 to 5 categories, which prove to be quite relevant to the business you are in.
Introduce business through proper description:
In this particular category, you have to work hard in introducing your business to potential clients, in this regard, dental patients. So, always be sure that your description is properly written and spell checked for eliminating any form of error.
- The practice’s description needs to be written in one conversational tone.
- For that, you might have to add all keywords for dental specialities or services.
- Make sure that your description should have a minimum length of 100 to 200 words.
Hours of hard work:
Remember that the hours of operations posted on your localized page always need to be accurate. It is mainly important in case you have seasonal hours or just experimenting with just being open quite early in the morning, late at night or on the weekends.
Be sure to cover these points and you might end up with the best dental SEO for your localized business, as and when asked for. Go through the points now for a better approach in here.