I am sure that you all want some privacy regarding all your important data within your iPhone. Therefore, in order to prevent all curious eyes from dealing with your iPhone apps, you need to set a password protection for some of your most important apps. In this case, you need to learn how to set a password for individual iPhone apps in order to keep your private data private.
With the help of a small but useful tweak, you will be able to create a special password to protect your apps. In this way, when you or somebody else wants to launch a certain app from your device, you need to enter the special word. It is that simple. However, you will see the usefulness of this particular tweak once you install it on your iPhone and keep private your emails, Facebook, or even the current playing level of Angry Birds.
The Lockdown tweak it is available in Cydia Store, but in order to download it on your device, you need to jailbreak your device first. As you know, Cydia Store is available only for jailbroken devices. For iOS 6 untethered jailbreak, you can use Evasion, the jailbreak tool. The process of jailbreaking is simple, and it will not take long. After this, you will have access over Cydia Store, Cydia apps and its multiple benefits.
How to Install Lockdown on Your iPhone
1. As I mentioned earlier, in order to get Lockdown, you need to jailbreak your device.
2. Launch Cydia Store from your home screen.
3. In the Sections tab, select the System option.
4. In the list of packages Cydia displays, you need to select the Lockdown tweak.
5. Press on the Install button and the app will start downloading and installing on your iPhone. When it is completed, you need to press on the Confirm button.
6. At the end of the process, you will be able to see a large Restart SpringBoard button. Click on it.
7. Once your return to SpringBoard, you will be able to see the Lockdown icon. Launch the Lockdown tweak and wait for the program to install its packages. When you launch Lockdown for the first time, you will be asked to assign a password for it. This safety word you choose, you will have to reenter it each time you want to launch a certain app from the locked apps list. Type the word you find more suitable and click on the Continue button in order to proceed.
8. At this point, Lockdown will show you a list of apps you can password protect with the safety word you have previously chosen. Within this list, you will be able to see all apps installed on your iPhone. Now, you need to select all apps you want to protect with Lockdown. Right in front of each app, you will be able to see a large Lock button. Press it and the app will require the password in order to be launched. You can repeat this process for each iPhone app you want to protect from others.
The app is great for parents who want to keep their children away from valuable apps within their devices. In the same time, if you have a curious friend who always wants to use your device, Lockdown tweak will turn out just great for you. You will be able to protect Facebook, Twitter, the App Store, games or music players. Keep in mind that if you want to use the Lockdown tweak to protect all your iPhone apps, you need to start jailbreak on it.
Fortunately, for this thing, you have multiple jailbreak tools available. Along with the release of the latest iOS 6, jailbreak developers offered us the possibility to start untethered jailbreak on any iOS 6 device using Evasion. The tool developed by the Evad3rs team is safe, simple and easy for performing jailbreak in no time. Take advantage of the multiple benefits jailbreaking is offering you and start downloading Lockdown tweak and many other useful tweaks for your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
March 13, 2013 at 7:19 am
Really? Was that possible? I didn’t know about that. it might be very helpful when you have a bunch of kids playing with your iPhone during drive)