In the 1960s, Paul Alfille invented one of the most popular variations of Solitaire- Freecell. Unlike Klondike or Pyramid, FreeCell is considered one of the toughest Solitaire variations. While the game majorly relies on skills and strategies, it is also one of the most fun variations of Solitaire. FreeCell Solitaire card games are some of the most popular Solitaire games out there and luckily, these games are winnable with proper strategies.
If you are new to Solitaire card games, it is important to learn the basics and gain a better understanding of the game before investing real money to play Freecell Solitaire online.
In this article, we will highlight the rules and gameplay of the Freecell Solitaire card game and also provide various tips and tricks to master the game.
FreeCell Solitaire Rules and Gameplay
The objective of the game is to make four suit-specific Home Cells in ascending order, starting with the King and ending with the Ace. Each Home Cell can only contain one suit of cards(Spades, Diamonds, Hearts, Clubs).
The game is played with a standard deck of 52 cards without the Jokers.
- Shuffle the cards and deal one row of eight cards face up side-by-side. This row will be the beginning of the Solitaire tableau.
- Deal 7 cards to the first four piles and six cards to the remaining piles in descending order.
- Make sure to leave space above the tableau for the Home Cells and four Free Cells.
- Home Cells are also known as foundation piles where you place cards of the same suit in ascending order.
- Free Cells are where you can temporarily place any card during the game.
How to Play Solitaire? Step-by-Step Guide
Now that you are familiar with the basic rules of the Free Cell Solitaire card games. Let’s take a look at the basic gameplay of the card game.
Build Home Cells
The first step is to start building Home Cells. Every Home Cell must begin with an Ace so you can start as soon as an Ace becomes available. The objective is to build one Home Cell for each suit. However, make sure to not put cards in the foundation piles that you may need later. Once a card is moved to the foundation pile, it can’t be moved again.
Move Cards in the Tableau
When you play Freecell solitaire online, you will often run into situations where the card you want is blocked by other cards in the tableau. A player has two options in this case-
- Move the card to another column
- Move the card to a free cell.
However, a player must follow specific Free Cell rules when moving a card from one column to another.
- Cards must be placed in descending order, from King to Ace.
- Cards must alternate between colors (red to black and black to red).
- The card’s suit doesn’t matter when moving from one column to another.
Players can also utilize empty columns. Suppose you have played all the cards of a particular column. The player can move a card from another pile to the empty column.
Use Free Cells Wisely
Each FreeCell can only hold one card at a time. Typically, you can move cards from the tableau to a free cell during the game. You can also use the cards sitting in Free Cells to the tableau or HomeCell at will. However, it’s important to remember that you can’t move cards once they are placed in Home Cells.
How to Win FreeCell Solitaire Game?
The objective of a Free Cell Solitaire Game is to build all four HomeCells with each suit going from Ace to King in ascending order. However, it is easier said than done.
Many Freecell games end up in blocks. It takes a lot of strategy, skills, and a little bit of luck to win FreeCell games.
Tips to Win FreeCell Games
Winning games in the FreeCell Solitaire App will require a lot of practice and skills. Being a beginner, you will lose Free Cell games. However, the right strategies and tips can turn your losses into wins. Employ the strategies listed below to win every FreeCell game-
- Focus on arranging the cards of each suit in Home Cells.
- Glance over the tableau as much as possible when arranging cards.
- Use your Aces ASAP and move them to Home Cells.
- Maintain as many Free Cells as possible.
- Clear a column in the early game.
- Practice playing FreeCells as much as you can.
Freecell Solitaire card game is one of the toughest Solitaire variations. This game is suitable for professionals and requires actual skills and strategies to win. Moreover, most Freecell games end up in a block. It is one of the hardest card games to master. However, by employing foolproof strategies you can make the most out of your FreeCell Solitaire games and increase your chances of winning. Lastly, the best strategy is to practice the game as much as you can to increase the likelihood of winning. If you are looking for Freecell Solitaire game development Visit us Now! (Click for free demo)