The life span of an average laptop battery is usually between two to three years although only a few actually last that long. Depending on your Laptop brand, replacing batteries could prove to be quite expensive or difficult. However, by putting a simply maintenance strategy in place, you can actually increase the life span of your battery and make it last longer. The following are 5 basic ways to protect and maintain just about any laptop battery:
- Ensure that the battery is always clean, particularly the charging nodes of the battery. Doing so ensures that the battery charges properly.
- Make sure that the battery does not get in contact with water or any form of liquid.
- Avoid unnecessary over-heating by ensuring proper ventilation.
- Protect your battery from fall as this can damage the battery’s internal structure.
- Always use the right charger as incompatible charges could damage not only the battery but also some of your laptop’s hardware.
- Check and adjust the power settings through the control panel (if necessary) so as to make full use of its energy saving mode.
There is no doubt that there are several benefits that can be derived from carrying out proper laptop-battery maintenance and following all of the above guidelines but arguably the most important benefit is saving cost. So then, stop over-charging and give your battery the care and attention it deserves. This will not only help you maximise your laptop-battery life but also save you a few pennies.
How long did it take you to replace your previous laptop battery?