When our job needs us to commute to the city on a daily basis, with all the traffic congesting the road, it doesn’t take long for us to realize that it’s better to leave our vehicles at home and board a taxi instead. However, the long waiting for a taxi to arrive can be troublesome and it can become worse if we are standing in a long queue. But with taxi companies moving forward with taxi app development for their business, hailing taxis with no longer be a problem.
An optimal taxi app needs to provide customers complete ease of booking, tracking and paying for their taxi services. At the same time, it should help drivers and cab companies to manage their fleet of cabs in a better way so that operational costs remain low and margins are maximized. A taxi app solution makes it possible for users to hire a cab at the place and time of their preference and helps cab drivers to avoid the idle time and potential loss of revenue.
When technology comes into the picture, a stellar user experience is what is desired from the taxi dispatch software. This includes demonstrating fairness and transparency at all stages of the journey, right from booking the cab through the app, to rating a ride or driver by the user. If you are in a taxi business or thinking to dive in one, here are a few points that can make you understand the transparency and better degree of user experience:
1. Enhance Customer Satisfaction: With the help of a taxi dispatch system, users can easily book a cab, track its arrival, share cab location with loved ones or even make virtual payments. The amount of trip convenience offered right from the time the customer thinks of taking a ride to well after he/ she is reached his/ her destination is what makes taxi dispatch software essential in today’s times of cut-throat competition.
You can get a well-organized list of customers wanting to utilize your services at any given time. With a firm control on the cost and miles, you can improve the smiles on customers’ faces with better servicing quality.
2. Mobility Support: Both passengers and drivers can easily track the ride and the overall experience around it. It helps you know who is occupying the cab at any given time, along with their contact details. The passengers too can access and share their GPS coordinates with the loved ones and ensure that they remain safe throughout the duration of the journey.
A taxi app solution has the full range of payment solution in order to enhance the level of convenience that the user experiences from the ride. At the same time, it helps the drivers to create bills easily and track payments and expenses over a longer period of a month or a quarter with the help of interactive reports and dashboards.
3. User-friendly Setup: The solution architecture provided by an optimal taxi dispatch system needs to factor in the user or passenger’s convenience at all times with the aid of a clean UI and business logic. So if the user is using a smartphone to manage cab bookings made by him/ her, it should do more than simple bookings. Any rescheduling or cancellation must be made easy to execute from the smartphone without much trouble. No third party software or solution needs to be accessed or called up by the user to carry out these functionalities.
With the aid of intelligent auto-dispatching as provided by a robust and scalable taxi dispatch software, you’ll be no longer dependent on a third party system to know which cab needs to be sent at what place and at what time. This prevents unnecessary dependency delays and helps the cab to reach the passenger dot on time. This helps further strengthen the user experience the passenger will derive from your company.
Also, the software needs to have multi-language support. This will help you expand the user base of your company to multiple geographies instead of having just a local presence.
4. Cloud-based Service: A strategically designed taxi management solution uses the strengths of the cloud to empower both the user and your taxi company. With a cloud-based service, you can reduce dependencies on in-house servers and IT assets. With this hassle out of the way, you can focus on what matters most – i.e. providing the customers with a great cab ride experience.
All the fledgling startups should take care of the following points before venturing into a white label taxi app business:
- You should first nail down your business model
- You need to get familiar with who you want your customers to be.
- You need to enter the market without unnecessary delays
- You need to work with mentors and take full advantage of the golden advice and guidance that they have to offer
Keeping these points in mind, your startup will begin to move in the right direction.