A slow internet speed is a waste of time. It hampers productivity and impairs performance. In order to resolve the issue, here are a few useful steps to fix and improve internet connectivity speeds. Keep reading.
Top speediness is the need of the moment. Everybody tries to look for instant communication pathways to restore seamless networking. As a result, high-speed internet has become an inevitable part and parcel of day-to-day lifestyle. Businesses and individual users are persistently dependent upon.
A slow internet connection can hamper workflow and affect productivity. In order to restore the problem, it is advisable to upgrade a plan or change the present service provider. Many a time, users who pay for high-speed internet access have to experience slow connectivity.
How to speed up the internet?
Amazingly certain ways to speed up the Internet without changing an ISP are present. One need not have to spend on a powerful computer as well. Below enlisted are some important tips which can help a user to speed up his/her computer.
1. Call up the provider: Check with the provider about service status and delivery issues. Sometimes outdated packages, pending bills or natural calamities such as rain, thunderstorm, etc. disrupt internet connections.
2. Try to stick with one browser. Kindly think out of the box and use something beyond IE (internet explorer). Though it is the default browser in every windows machine, it is advisable to try out Firefox, Opera, and Google for faster loading times & better results. These browsers are constantly upgraded and function in line with the hardware configuration of a system.
3. In case a router is involved, try to tweak it. Internet speeds sometimes improve because of tweaks in the browser. Sometimes, certain browsers render specific instructions while the others open up ports and boost the Internet speed. Check the browser manual for guidelines. When the tweaking process is on, stay close to the router. Restarting it is advisable as well.
4. Make use of WPA encryption to prevent unauthorised access. When a person uses a wireless Internet connection, do not share the password with the entire neighbourhood. More number of devices getting connected to the router leads to a slower internet connection. Try to set up a string WEP password to stop unauthorised access.
5. Keep a tab on the usage of bandwidth by background apps. Software such as Windows Live Messenger, Skype, Real player, Adobe Reader, etc. needs to be upgraded. Configure them so that they do not start as soon as the user connects with the internet. In case one is unsure about certain programs, make use of free tools to track apps and processes which actually consume network traffic.
Besides the above, one has to carry out certain basic PC maintenance routines. This includes perform activities like disk clean-up and defragmentation, registry repair acts, and monitoring start-up items for computer optimization of Windows services. Only then a computer can be maintained in good shape and internet connectivity will remain seamless.