One of the benefits of incorporating Google+ in a marketing campaign is the improved SERP ranking. As this is Google’s own platform in the social sphere, posts published on Google+ are treated in the same manner as regular websites. In fact, typing a hashtag on the search bar will display at the right corner of the results page some of the recent links in the network like who are talking about a certain topic and what specific areas are currently trending.
How To Improve Search Rankings Through Google+
Regardless if you are an SEO company servicing multiple clients or a freelance social media manager aiming to boost positive social mentions of a brand, here are some tips to help you reach guaranteed SEO rankings.
- Optimize your page. The trick is to provide complete information for the benefit of your followers. Fill out all the required fields - profile image, website URL, business description and contact information. Apply on-page optimization by inserting some key terms that will help identify your business organization from the pack. Get the page verified by Google to improve your credibility.
- Link it to your website and other social platforms. Doing this will suggest to Google that your site and G+ page are related to each other. Install the necessary codes that will enable your readers to follow your G+ page straight from your site. As you establish your fanbase, your reputation gets better as well. Add +1 buttons on the most important sections. Put your URL every time you make an online marketing promotion. Be it on Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube, through photos, videos or apps, adding your link will help the bots connect the dots.
- Setup Authorship. With the birth of authorship, claiming the articles you have written on the web has never been so easier. It presents an opportunity to stand out in the search results and be highly visible through verified quality write-ups.
- Post regularly and ensure that what you share is of high-quality, engaging and very shareable. It is all about posting relevant and very useful content consistently. Keep it in moderation though. Rule of thumb: always include hashtags.
- Build your following. It’s a given fact that social signals create huge positive impact in the rankings. These signals may be in a form of a comment, +1, or # of shares. Hence, the more people follow you, the higher the chance to create a buzz about your products and services.