With the growing demands for online data storage, the public cloud is becoming more and more popular. Data storage is very costly and the costs become steeper when you consider risks of data loss and complex data recovery plans. This explains why enterprises are slowly migrating from regular data storage solutions like tape-based backups to the safer and more cost-effective cloud hosting solutions. However, now the challenge is to identify the best public cloud hosting services provider in India.
Tips to get the best public cloud hosting services provider in India:
- Enterprises must ideally choose a public cloud hosting services provider in India which enables the workloads to span across many environments. This indicates the provision for creating “hybrid” clouds which guarantee the greatest amount of flexibility for efficiently managing workloads. In other words, businesses should have the freedom to put specific applications in a secure onsite cloud and keep the routine functions in a public cloud.
- When choosing a public cloud hosting services provider in India, it is imperative that you review its Service Level Agreement carefully. You must scan the fine print asking questions to be sure about the uptime guarantees and the compensations for power outages if any. The idea is not to get the best SLA; the idea is to get the SLA that is best suited for your business needs.
- In terms of security, your cloud services provider should be able to offer you robust and stringent security measures that can protect critical data against breaches and unauthorized entry. Your provider has to make security of data a priority, thinking beyond only the physical security or firewalls. The provider must build cloud architecture for ultimate data protection with measures for isolating workloads in physical servers and implementing rigid administrative controls.
- You must choose a public cloud hosting services provider in India that is financially stable and has earned a solid reputation. It should have an excellent track record of handling enterprise data centers, protecting mission-critical applications. It should also boast of a highly qualified and experienced IT team with access to automation tools. It should also provide you with a high degree of customer service support so that you get access to expert technicians for assistance anytime.
- Before choosing a provider, it is also important to evaluate your own business needs. For instance, there is no reason to buy public cloud hosting plans when you can easily manage the applications on your website with shared hosting plans.
- You should choose a provider only after being sure that it offers a load balancing feature. This is undeniably one of the most important aspects of cloud computing. You must ensure that the provider will also provide complete backups in case any server goes down. The load balancing feature will redirect users to the other active servers when a server malfunctions.
- Finally, it is necessary to review the SLAs carefully to be sure that the provider can offer you additional resources easily when you need them. The cloud provider must let you scale your resources up and down depending on the demands of the traffic.