In the past, we have seen hyperlinks on website, articles, blogs, various posts on social media, but gone are these days. Today, no one has the patience to see an ad for a particular product, then upon clicking go to the home page and then finally find the product. Time is like gold, and none intend to waste that.
“A stitch in time saves nine.”
It is a very famous proverb that works the most today. Today everyone is looking for one-click access where they click on the link and reach the desired page they have seen the marketing or ad for. What do you do for mobile apps?
Well, according to a report by eMarketer there has been a tremendous growth in the global market for Smartphone user where we will see 4.43 billion smartphone users in 2017 representing 59.9% of the world population which is more than half the population. The growth is a little slow compared to 2016 where it was 4.30 billion. But by 2020, mobile users might rise to 4.78 billion.
In another report of eMarketer, they have shown that the average time spent by a US Adult will be 2.25 hours. There is an increase of 10.3% since last and slightly more than the prediction made in 2016. Which clearly means that the average time spent on mobile apps will reach to 19.9%. Here is where deep link plays a major role. Deep linking means one-click access to the specific page or content.
What Mobile App users expect
Every mobile user expects that the hyperlink they are clicking on should open directly on the target page rather than opening in a browser that will take them to the home page after which they will search for the product or service. Who has that much of time today? The world has become mobile today where all expect everything to be quick and in one-click.
When to use Deep Linking
If you are planning a promotion and want that your customers are directed to the offers page then you can deep link the images or the content that you are using for promotions. It will increase traffic and also allows the customers to complete their purchase.
If you want to market a particular product or service then similarly you can deep link the image with multiple deep-links to get access to different offers from a single image. This will leave a customer with an impression that you care for their time and that you are using the latest technology to give them the best.
What are the advantages of using Deep Linking?
With deep linking, there are many benefits that the company will have such as:
- It will increase user efficiency and make sure the customer does not go to some other page.
- Customer’s interest will remain intact because you are already providing them what they are looking for.
- It increases visibility and will also enhance the chances of users completing the tasks till the end.
- It helps to increase the sales by providing a direct link to the product you wish to market and the user wishes to purchase will help in closing the deal sooner.
Why Does Only A Few Apps Use Deep Links?
- This is the biggest challenge; there is a major difference in the deep-linking process in Android and iOS making it one of the biggest drawbacks to only have few Apps with deep links. They have to manually create different deep-links with different codes for both types of users consuming a lot of time.
- Some brands think that deep-link being so simple will not fetch them the desired results that force them to ignore deep-linking in their promotion. That is why they are ready to pay lots of money for Email Marketing and Social Media Campaigns.
- Deep-Link is a very small feature causing people to ignore it. They will not realize the value of deep-linking until it gets too late. But they don’t understand that missing deep-links wastes the user’s time and increases it frustration forcing them to leave the process half way.
Want to increase sales and promotion then you must deep-link your pages, products, services, etc. It saves times and gives you a feature enriched experience. Deep Linking is very important for any app re-engagement and makes the users come back again as the navigation is quick and easy. That day is not far away when deep-linking will not be an extra feature but it will be the main one for any brand that launches their app store.
If you want to want to a tough competition then you ought to have deep linking in your ads and promotions.
Deep Linking plays a major role in enhancing the brand name and sales of the company. It will give you a chance to get maximum profit and increase your company’s profit. You not only create a strong database but you also create a strong market presence. Your app and its features will encourage the customers to download it and use it which will add to more positivity. Deep Linking can be the easiest way to land on the desired page without using the browser.