The Apple iPhone 5 is the latest smartphone from the Apple stable. It has been touted as being faster and better than its predecessors with a faster processor, better camera, convenient UI and a beautiful design. This sounds like the perfect device, doesn’t it ? But we want to give you 5 reasons not to buy the iPhone 5.
- If you already have an iPhone– If you already own the iPhone 5’s predecessors then you can get most of the features available on iPhone 5 by upgrading you software to iOS 6. Other than the larger screen and the slightly faster processor there isn’t much difference between a 4S and an iPhone 5.
- Data Overload– The problem with having access to 4G LTE speeds is that your data cap gets used very fast and it is very hard to keep control on it especially if you enjoy watching HD videos on your phone. This has led several users with very large data bills.
- Buying new Adapters– With the iPhone 5 Apple has released a new type of docking connector called the Lightning. It is smaller than the conventional 30 pin connector and can be plugged in both ways. However , the downside is that you have to replace all your current accessories or get the adapters( which cost extra) to integrate the new adapter with the old ones.
- No NFC– NFC or Near Field Communication is the latest technology that is touted to revolutionize the way you make your payments. Apple’s iPhone 5 doesn’t have a NFC chip which is available in several other brands in the segment such as HTC and Samsung. Some say Apple is developing NFC technology of its own for future models. However, iPhone 5 buyers are sure to be at a loss in missing out on this exciting new technology.
- Environmental Impact/Human rights– Apple has been recognized as one of the least green companies in the world. It has been found wanting on several green measures that it was supposed to take such as recycling, waste disposal etc. Another allegation made is the poor working conditions and human rights irregularities.
December 8, 2012 at 2:18 pm
Its a great post mate. I was thinking to buy it. You saved me lolz.
December 14, 2012 at 5:18 am
And I am truly longing for iPhone5 man! I hope I can have it before holiday ends!